Empty bed.

Mila
Chapter 36
March 30,2017

I gasped as I woke up and felt around for Raine. She wasn't there. She wasn't here when I fell asleep like she said she would. I felt my heart rate pick up. I groaned as I struggled to get out of bed. I groaned as my feet hit the ground my ankles hurt. I let out a small scream as my knees hit the carpeted floor. I gasped as the light came on. My side was killing me. Everything was a ball of just pain and I felt like I was having an out of body experience.

"Ms. Rose," I heard faintly as my vision got blurry.

My head was spinning. I gasped for air as I felt her arms go around my neck. I grabbed her onto her arm as she rocked us. My breathing evened out. I felt sleep take over me.

"Little Ms. Rose don't make me tell you again," I heard Rain voice say firmly.

"I know you miss momma but she needs some rest to get better. Look come help me make lunch," Rain said.

I smiled and opened my eyes. Rain signed me out of the hospital before her errand. She hates hospitals and I knew that. It was always bad and never good. I was okay with her doing it. I wasn't to bad. Nothing that painkillers and weed wouldn't suppress. Which  they all been on top of until recently. I don't even remember eating anything. I also don't know when I got on this couch in the living room.

"Rain," I said softly.

I watched as she turned around and smirked. I bit down on my bottom lip. Hers was busted. She also had a few marks around her neck. I winced  as I sat up. Fuck my body hurts. I looked down and noticed my arm was in a sling.  I must of been high as fuck when I got in from the hospital. I barely remember shit. Just a room of people and feeling hella safe.

"You got a mean southpaw baby," she said in her thick accent.

Before I could apologize London was making her way up my body. I grimace as her small body found its way onto mines. She was killing me but I wasn't gonna turn her away.

"They missed you baby," she said as she looked me up and down.

"I've missed you too," she said lowly as she ran her hands down her face.

I watched as she buried all of that down. She got her shit together real quick. She was stressed out beyond all belief and how can I blame her. I wasn't able to help her right now and she was taking care of four people. The girls, Trina, and me. She isn't taking care of herself at all. She is pushing all over her shit aside and putting us first.

"So! Who is ready for lunch?!" She yelled.

"Me!!!!" London yelled as Mayra jumped up and down in the play pen.

"Alright! I need all helpers to follow me," she said as she went over and picked Mayra up.

"Can I come?" I asked her.

She looked at me and smirked. She sat Mayra down and walked over to me. I smiled as she bent down and careful picked me up off the couch. I laid my head on her shoulder as she walked us into the kitchen. I ran my hand down the marks on her neck. I bit my lip.