Mission Complete

Jamila Rose
March 26,2017
Chapter 31

Everything was fading in and out. The yelling and the gunshots had come to a stop. The floor was cold. But everything else was warm. The air around me was lighter.

"Millymil, just stay strong baby. She will be here soon," a deep familiar voice said.

"Daddy?" I mumbled as I opened my eyes.

I smiled as I saw his figure standing over me.

"Stand up babygirl. You don't want the world passing you by," he said.

I smiled and nodded as I grabbed his hand. He pulled me up into his embrace. I don't know when the duck tape was removed but it was. I was glad. I missed his hugs. I sighed as the safety engulfed me. He smelled like bourbon, his cologne and weed. That was new but I didn't care.

"Am I dead?" I asked him as he rubbed my head like when I was little.

"No my little Mila melon. Just a vision so to say," he said as he pulled back and placed his arms on my shoulders.

"My daughter you are beautiful," he said.

I smiled and looked at him. He looked just like
I remember. Tall, short curly fro, goatee and both ears pierced. His eyes were the same color as my brothers.

"I've missed you?" I said as the tears streamed down my face.

"And I am so proud of you," he said and kissed my forehead.

"You know mother lied to me. I'm not your daughter," I said and wiped my eyes.

"I know. Me and your biological father have drinks and talk about your mother," he said as she looped his arm with mines.

"He's dead?" I asked him.

"Yeah. He is one dead Cuban," he said and chuckled.

I laughed as we walked over to a bench and sat down. He was right the view was amazing. We were in front of this beautiful lake, the sun was starting to set as the waves gently kissed the shore. It reminded me of the beach I had talked Rain into taking me to after she proposed to me. I wanted to sit there and just visualize me becoming Mrs. Rainie Imani Storm Major.

"But you will meet that side soon enough," he said and winked at me.

"Popa you see I have enough family as it is," I said and chuckled.

"Yeah and it's only going to grow," he said.

"I will love every minute of it," I said as I smiled and looked down at my ring.

"You know I have meet your wife's father. He is a hella of a guy and you picked a good one. That woman loves you more than you know. She is out there right now taking lives to save yours," he said.