Waiting

Ms. Rose
Chapter 22
March 18,2017

It had been a couple days  by a couple I mean almost a week since I have seen or heard from Rain. I looked down at my naked finger. I sighed as I ran my hands through my hair. I had sent Rain a text saying my mom and step father wanted to have dinner with us and my cousins. I wasn't sure if she was gonna show up. She had been in her head and with everything going on I think it has stressed her out.

I also dropped my ring down the kitchen sink. Well, actually I think the girls flushed it down the toilet because that's what they do now. When I told her she just looked at me and walked out. I think she was pissed and I don't blame her. She was always warning me about taking it on and off when I was washing dishes or something. She had got it the first time it happened. But this time she didn't even care.

I have shown up to all her cribs in the city and she was never there. I even texted her cousins and they told me to give her some time. It was something unavoidable she just needed her space around this time.

"Well your fiancé is late," Tori said and smirked.

I licked my lips. We had been sitting in Rainies restaurant for like 25 minutes. They saw my ring was gone and was talking shit about it. My mother and her stray were looking smug and soaking up the battle they think they won.

"She will be here soon," I said and smiled.

"I hope so. I'm hungry as fuck," Rich the bastard said.

"Can you give her a call and see where she is?" Tori asked.

I smiled and excused myself from the table. I walked out into the lobby and called Rain. I felt my heart drop when she picked up.

"Ms. Rose," she said tiredly.

"Where are you baby? Are you okay?" I asked her.

"I'm here and I'm fine," she mumbled.

"You don't sound fine," I said.

I heard the line go dead. She hung up on me. I bit down on my bottom lip. I don't know what happen one minute we were fine and the next she goes missing on me. I hate that shit, it makes me worry so much about.

"Are you ready Ms. Rose?" I heard her deep voice behind me.

I turned around to see her dressed in a pair of black dress pants and dress shirt with a black and grey striped tie, I bit my lip the suit jacket was charcoal with a black lapel.She had on a pair of her black winged tipped oxfords. Her hair was pulled back into two French braids going down the back. She had on  a silver necklace ,bracelet and watch. I watched as she licked her lips.

"Shall we Ms. Rose," she said as I noticed she had in her hearing aids.

I looked in her eyes. She hasn't been sleeping. She was also high as fuck. She probably needed them and she probably didn't want me to read lips.

"You haven't been sleeping have you?" I asked her as I took a step closer and placed my hand on the side of her face.