It's Complicated ✔️

By ambivertreader

They are married, but not a couple. . . They are Husband and Wife, but complete strangers. . . What will happ... More

Author's note
🚨IMPORTANT NOTE❗
Prologue
Chapter 1: Unusual Married Life
Chapter 2: Business deal
Chapter 3: Bestie Therapy
Chapter 4: From Happy to Frustrated
Chapter 5: One Week, Three Meetings
Chapter 6: It's A Deal
Chapter 7: Knights are for princesses
Chapter 8: Nathan's house, not my home.
Chapter 9: You don't like her, because you don't know her!
Chapter 10: Mr.Grey is Mr.Knight's role model
Chapter 11: Change Of Behavior
Chapter 12: Reunion Part 1
Chapter: 13 Reunion Part 2
Chapter: 14 How dare you touch her?
Chapter: 15 Secret Admirer
Chapter: 16 My Boyfriend?
Chapter: 17 Agonizing Memory
Chapter: 18 A New Day
Chapter: 19 Bodyguard
Chapter: 20 Cutie Pie
First Award :)
Chapter: 21 Mrs.Nathan Knight
Chapter: 22 Speechless
Chapter: 23 Bonded By Vows
Chapter: 24 Giant Nanny
Chapter: 25 I've got you
Chapter: 26 I Am Too Good For You
Chapter: 27 First Kiss
Chapter: 28 Acting Differently
Chapter: 29 Your Girlfriend
Author's Note
Chapter: 30 Get Out!
Chapter: 31 My Dead Relationship
Chapter:32 Take Me Away
Chapter: 33 She Left Me
Chapter: 34 She Knows Everything
Chapter: 35 Owen Is Dead
Chapter: 36 Shoot That Bastard
Chapter: 37 You Lost Her Trust
Chapter: 38 They Are Here
Chapter:39 This Is It
Chapter:40 Don't Leave Me
Chapter: 41 Do not die!
Chapter: 42 I Miss You
Chapter: 43 Fifty Shades Of Grey
Chapter: 44 I Have Changed
Chapter:45 We Aim To Please
Chapter: 46 Goodbye
Chapter: 47 Abigail Loved Me
Chapter: 48 Hope and Determination
Chapter: 49 Little Progress
Chapter: 50 Just Ogling You
Chapter: 51 Are you possessed?
Chapter: 52 My Stupidity
Chapter: 53 Feelings Are Imperishable
Chapter: 54 Pure
Chapter: 55 I Love You
Chapter: 56 Queen
Chapter: 57 Trial And Error
Chapter: 58 Valentine's Day
Chapter: 60 Fear
Chapter: 61 I Am Here
Chapter: 62 My Family
Chapter: 63 You Are Bothering Me
Chapter: 64 The Ring
Chapter: 65 Playroom
Chapter: 66 He Is Mine
Chapter: 67 Hash Brownies
Chapter: 68 Our Future
Chapter: 69 My Favorite Cupcake
Chapter: 70 Daddy's Pride
Chapter: 71 I Vow
Epilogue
Thank You!
Special Bonus Chapter: I never trouble her.
Bonus Chapter:1 Kisses
Bonus Chapter:2 Second Home
Bonus Chapter:3 Little Secret
Bonus Chapter:4 Part Of You
Bonus Chapter:5 Baby Mama
One Million Reads!!!
Bonus Chapter:6 Memories
Nominated For Fiction Awards 2019
Fiction Awards 2019
Bonus Chapter:7 You are just jealous.
Bonus Chapter:8 The Shopping
Bonus Chapter: 9 My Abigail
Something Extra
Bonus Chapter: 10 It's Time
Bonus Chapter: 11 Being A Dad
Bonus Chapter: 12 My cute little, Pooper
It's Complicated is now on Inkitt, too.
Bonus Chapter: 13 Pajama Party
Bonus Chapter: 14 I Told You So
Bonus Chapter: 15 Bloody vultures!
Bonus Chapter: 16 Lil Gentleman
New Announcement!
New Story Is Up!
🎊Celebrations Time!🎊
Please Read!
Announcement
It All Started With I Do (New Story)

Chapter: 59 I Am Happy

66.9K 2.7K 109
By ambivertreader

"This is amazing," I whisper as quietly as I can, not wanting to ruin the serene atmosphere in which we are wrapped, as I gaze into his smiling eyes. 

"I am glad you liked it," he also keeps his voice low while gently caressing my face with his fingers.

"Can we just stay like this for few more moments?" he says when I try to move away from him. There is something in his voice which makes me frown.

"What happened?" I ask as I try to read his face.

"Nothing," he shakes his head not meeting my eyes and envelopes me in his arms.

"You can tell me," I urge and rest my head on his chest listening to his slight rapid heartbeats.

"I am the worst person ever," he says quietly. 

Hearing his words I lean my head back to look at him, but keeping one hand behind my head, he puts my head back on his chest while lightly kneading his fingers in my hair.

"I should have always treated you like this," he sighs, "I am sorry, I was a..." he pauses to think for the right word.

"Jerk, asshole, asshat, fucktard, moron, scumbag, swine?" I close my eyes inhaling the light musky smell of his perfume, as I suggest some right words for him.

"Abigail, you know I haven't been insulted in my entire life, how much you insult me," he exclaims with a frustrated sigh.

"Get used to it, because most of your actions are worth being insulted by me," I suppress my smile, feeling pleased with myself for changing his sudden sullen mood.

His laugh vibrates through his chest, causing flutters in my stomach. He kisses my head unwrapping his arms. The lost of his warmth, run shivers down my spine making my body aware of the chillness present in the air.

He takes out his phone from his pocket and checks it, I didn't hear it ringing so maybe it is on vibration.

"I will be right back," he says and walks outside the door.

When he leaves, I wander through the flowers as an easy smile settles on my lips. I place the bouquet on the table then walk towards the canopy and peer inside it, to find throw pillows, quilt, and packets of chips. Ducking inside I grab a packet of sour cream and onion chips and without wasting time I start munching them. In a few minutes, I manage to finish the chips because I was starving.

Dusting my hands on the jeans, I walk near the edge of the rooftop and place my arms on it, enjoying the beautiful scene unfolding before my eyes, as the sun sets leaving splashes of purple, pink and orange behind it. As the wind blows I can feel goosebumps rising on my arms as shake my head to remove strands of hair, from my face to the side.

"The view is mesmerizing, isn't it?" Nathan places his arms on either side of me, on the edge, caging me in between. 

"Hmm," I hum in approval and lean back on his chest.

"Damn, you are so warm," I say feeling the warmth radiating off of his body.

"Is this a subtle way of saying that I am hot?" he chuckles as his warm breath tickles the side of my face.

"Nathan, you of all the people should know by now that I am anything, but subtle," I roll my eyes, though he can't see that, "My not-so-subtle nature made me, favorite of many and the list keeps on growing."

"Come let's eat, before the pizza gets cold," he holds my shoulders and turns me around, and leads me to the table, where pizza boxes are placed. 

"I would not mind, a cold pizza," I grin as I see cupcakes on the table, "I enjoy eating cold pizza also, especially leftover pizza in the morning as breakfast."

"You are weird, you know that right?" he opens the pizza box. 

Ignoring the plate in front of me I directly take a slice from the box making him shake his head at me as he lowly chuckles, while I blow my fingers trying to soothe the burning sensation.

"And you like this weird," I take a small bite of pizza not wanting to burn off my tongue and point slice at myself, "That makes you even weirder."

**********************************************************************

Currently, we are sitting inside the canopy. Well, I am sitting and he is laying on the quilt keeping both of his hands behind his head and eyes closed.

I pull my knees towards my chest and wrap my arms around them as I stare at the fairy lights obscured by the net. 

What will happen when all of this will come to an end? Because every good thing comes to an end. And witnessing my past record good things never stay long in my life. However, I will not ruin my happiness of present, by dwelling about something that may happen in the future, I deserve to be happy. And at this moment I am happy.

Still, the thought everything coming to an end stirs uneasy feeling inside me. 

Nathan said he loved Ashley, what if he still loves her? What if this is just a phase and once it will pass he will get back to her? What if he is just with me because he feels bad for me? Ashley also said she loves him and will not leave him again, what if it turns out to be true?

The thought of Ashley with Nathan leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. 

A gentle hand on my shoulder brings me back from my thoughts. I turn to him, as he is now on his side resting on his elbow.

"What are you thinking?" he intently looks at me.

"Nothing," I shrug, "Just random stuff, nothing serious," I smile even though my heart is clenching from inside.

"The look on your face wasn't like you were thinking about something random," he slightly narrows his eyes at me, "Even now you are trying to hide something."

"I was just thinking about my life," I keep my chin on my knees, "I always wanted a normal life, but I know can never have one."

"Normal is boring and you are far from boring, " he says as he sits up, "You make my life interesting," he smiles at me.

"Also I want to know, do I have to remind you again and again, that you will truthfully tell me what is bothering you?" he points his finger at me, clearly sensing that I am not telling him the complete truth.

"I like this Nathan 2.0," I say another truth which he deserves to know.

Hearing this his lips splits into a breathtaking smile showing his perfect teeth, as his entire face brightens.

"That is what's bothering you?" he asks still smiling, but I can see a hint of seriousness in his eyes.

"No," I smile and hold his hand interlocking our fingers, "It doesn't bother me."

He kisses my forehead while I smile swallowing my emotions.

He picks up something from the corner and gives it to me.

"Another gift?" I question him, as I take the gift from his hand.

"Another gift? I only brought this gift for you," he replies.

"First surprising me, then those roses, then all of this," I wave my hand around, "These all are not less than gifts to me."

"Okay if you consider all this as a gift, but this," he points to the beautifully wrapped box, "Is your actual gift."

"Thank you."

"No need to thank."

I can feel his excitement when I tear off the wrapping and open the box. When eyes widen in shock when I see inside the box.

The Enchanted Rose

Tears well up in my eyes as I take out the glass dome from the box, then I look at him as he gazes me adoringly.

From the moment I saw the enchanted rose in the Beauty and the Beast, I loved it. In fact, I love red roses purely because of it. 

I can't take my eyes away from the rose. I hold it up in front of my face and see it closely, completely fascinated by it. A beautiful red rose, wrapped in a string of tiny white lights, encased in a glass dome.

One word to describe it, Magical.

"This is..." I swallow, trying to form words, "This is beautiful...no this is magical," as I hastily wipe a tear which streams down my cheek.

Even when everything will end... there will be something, apart from beautiful memories, which will last forever.

"Thank you," I whisper, keeping the rose on the side, and I wrap my arms around his neck.

He encircles his arms around my waist pulling me into his lap. I bury my face in his neck as a few more tears escape from my eyes.

"Why are you crying?" he pulls back and wipes my tears with his thumb.

"I am happy, Nathan," I smile wiping my cheeks with the back of my hand, "I am so happy," I hug him back.

"You deserve all the happiness, Abigail," he whispers and kisses my neck as he firmly held me in his arms.

 *********************************************************************

Thank you for reading. If you like this chapter then, please don't forget to vote, comment, or share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 73.3K 56
Crystal Collins, 19 year old beautiful, brave and cheerful girl who has been through a lot in her past but still standing strong in front of her dest...
19.4K 424 39
Sometimes love will make you bloom. Sometimes it will torn you apart. Some stories will make in history. Some will make someone history. ____________...
74.7K 1.9K 80
You & I are one big It's complicated Leon King a young CEO and also the hottest bachelor in NYC. Girls throw themselves at him some just to be in...
153K 6.4K 55
"where are you going?" I asked him "she needs me I have to go, I'll be back soon" "it's our marriage day Mason. We are about to take our...