It's Complicated ✔️

By ambivertreader

They are married, but not a couple. . . They are Husband and Wife, but complete strangers. . . What will happ... More

Author's note
🚨IMPORTANT NOTE❗
Prologue
Chapter 1: Unusual Married Life
Chapter 2: Business deal
Chapter 3: Bestie Therapy
Chapter 4: From Happy to Frustrated
Chapter 5: One Week, Three Meetings
Chapter 6: It's A Deal
Chapter 7: Knights are for princesses
Chapter 8: Nathan's house, not my home.
Chapter 9: You don't like her, because you don't know her!
Chapter 10: Mr.Grey is Mr.Knight's role model
Chapter 11: Change Of Behavior
Chapter 12: Reunion Part 1
Chapter: 13 Reunion Part 2
Chapter: 14 How dare you touch her?
Chapter: 15 Secret Admirer
Chapter: 16 My Boyfriend?
Chapter: 17 Agonizing Memory
Chapter: 18 A New Day
Chapter: 19 Bodyguard
Chapter: 20 Cutie Pie
First Award :)
Chapter: 21 Mrs.Nathan Knight
Chapter: 22 Speechless
Chapter: 23 Bonded By Vows
Chapter: 24 Giant Nanny
Chapter: 25 I've got you
Chapter: 26 I Am Too Good For You
Chapter: 27 First Kiss
Chapter: 28 Acting Differently
Chapter: 29 Your Girlfriend
Author's Note
Chapter: 30 Get Out!
Chapter: 31 My Dead Relationship
Chapter:32 Take Me Away
Chapter: 33 She Left Me
Chapter: 34 She Knows Everything
Chapter: 35 Owen Is Dead
Chapter: 36 Shoot That Bastard
Chapter: 37 You Lost Her Trust
Chapter: 38 They Are Here
Chapter:39 This Is It
Chapter:40 Don't Leave Me
Chapter: 41 Do not die!
Chapter: 42 I Miss You
Chapter: 43 Fifty Shades Of Grey
Chapter: 44 I Have Changed
Chapter:45 We Aim To Please
Chapter: 46 Goodbye
Chapter: 47 Abigail Loved Me
Chapter: 48 Hope and Determination
Chapter: 49 Little Progress
Chapter: 50 Just Ogling You
Chapter: 51 Are you possessed?
Chapter: 53 Feelings Are Imperishable
Chapter: 54 Pure
Chapter: 55 I Love You
Chapter: 56 Queen
Chapter: 57 Trial And Error
Chapter: 58 Valentine's Day
Chapter: 59 I Am Happy
Chapter: 60 Fear
Chapter: 61 I Am Here
Chapter: 62 My Family
Chapter: 63 You Are Bothering Me
Chapter: 64 The Ring
Chapter: 65 Playroom
Chapter: 66 He Is Mine
Chapter: 67 Hash Brownies
Chapter: 68 Our Future
Chapter: 69 My Favorite Cupcake
Chapter: 70 Daddy's Pride
Chapter: 71 I Vow
Epilogue
Thank You!
Special Bonus Chapter: I never trouble her.
Bonus Chapter:1 Kisses
Bonus Chapter:2 Second Home
Bonus Chapter:3 Little Secret
Bonus Chapter:4 Part Of You
Bonus Chapter:5 Baby Mama
One Million Reads!!!
Bonus Chapter:6 Memories
Nominated For Fiction Awards 2019
Fiction Awards 2019
Bonus Chapter:7 You are just jealous.
Bonus Chapter:8 The Shopping
Bonus Chapter: 9 My Abigail
Something Extra
Bonus Chapter: 10 It's Time
Bonus Chapter: 11 Being A Dad
Bonus Chapter: 12 My cute little, Pooper
It's Complicated is now on Inkitt, too.
Bonus Chapter: 13 Pajama Party
Bonus Chapter: 14 I Told You So
Bonus Chapter: 15 Bloody vultures!
Bonus Chapter: 16 Lil Gentleman
New Announcement!
New Story Is Up!
🎊Celebrations Time!🎊
Please Read!
Announcement
It All Started With I Do (New Story)

Chapter: 52 My Stupidity

67.5K 2.4K 159
By ambivertreader

Nathan's POV

"See, she has gifted me this digital photo frame," Miles shoves digital photo frame in my face, "she is so sweet... she even uploaded pictures for me."

From the moment I have woken up, he has been telling me about his gift. It was okay, for the first hour, but now it is almost four hours! And after every, fifteen minutes he shows this photo frame to me.

"Yeah, I have already seen it, hundred times," I turn my face to the other side and push his hand away," And you don't have to shove it in my face to show me," I say through my teeth, trying to stop myself from beating the birthday boy, "I am capable of seeing it from far."

Ignoring whatever I have said, Miles continues to praise his gift.

"This is so amazing, I simply love it... You know, this the best gift which I have got," Miles looks at the frame and grins.

"But as far as I remember last year you told me that I gave you the best gift ever when I gifted you the car," I narrow my eyes at him accusingly.

"Yeah, but I didn't know that Abigail will gift me this," he points to the frame, "this year."

 "And actually, I bought that car, you just paid for it," he says proudly.

"Happy Birthday Miles!" I glare at him and roughly pat his cheek, "But remember after midnight your birthday will be over and you will no more a birthday boy. Then nothing will stop me from beating you."

"I think somebody is calling me," he quickly goes upstairs.

"I will help you in beating him," Natalie groans as she enters the kitchen and pours two cups of coffee.

She sits beside me and hands me the other cup, while she takes a sip from her cup. I gladly accept it, even when I already had breakfast, as Miles has given me a headache by his non-sense talk.

"He woke me up by showing his amazing gift," she closes her eyes and shakes her head.

"I have been tolerating this for four hours," I sigh.

"You have earned my respect," she slightly raises her cup to me.

 "But you will earn more if you will keep him away from me as I try to sleep some more," she folds her arms on the kitchen island and keeps her head on them. 

I lightly chuckle as I notice she has fallen asleep in just a few minutes.

********************************************************************

The sun is high up in the sky. Everyone is either in the water or getting a tan or simply goofing around. Adjusting my shades, I run a hand through my hair. 

"Hey, I am going in the water," Miles says and takes his shirt off and tosses it on the wooden porch. 

"Ok, I will join you later," I nod and take a long swig of the cold beer.

Leaning on the wooden railing, I watch him and some of his cousins pushing each other in the water. The door behind me opens and Abigail walks past me.

I open my mouth to call her, but words die in my throat when I see her. I did a double take to confirm if it is really her. My eyebrows shoot up in surprise as I take in her appearance.

Abigail saunters towards the water wearing a dark green bikini and a white crochet cover-up. 

Holy Shit! She is looking hot!

Closing my eyes I clench my jaws trying to shake off all the thoughts, which are invading my mind since I have seen her in that bikini... thoughts which are far from holy. 

I swallow hard as she removes the cover-up, and places it near on the towel which she has laid on the sand, and lie down on the towel. Even if I try I can't tear my eyes away from her, I never knew thought that she could look this hot.

Where is my beautiful cute Abigail? Because this Abigail is hot and sexy as hell.

I glance around to notice I am not the only one who is thinking this, as she has the attention of many guys. Quickly, gulping down the rest of the beer I walk towards her. 

No way I can leave her alone when she is looking like this!

She has her eyes closed as she is basking in the sun. My eyes slowly wander on her body, taking in her every curve, as I approach her. She is not skinny nor she is fat... she is just perfect. 

"You are blocking my sun," she says as she opens her one eyes, then closes again.

"Sorry," I say and sit down next to her, as I watch her.

"You know, staring is rude," she leans on her elbows and turns her head towards me.

"I am not staring," I shrug with fake innocence, "I am just admiring the view," I add smirkingly.

"Here I thought, you have changed," she sits up pulling her knees towards her chest and wraps her arms around them, "But you are still a pervert," she shakes her head, as the corner of her lips slight raised. 

"Not my fault, I have never seen you like this," I laugh and rake my fingers through my hair.

"Yeah, that's because I prefer wearing a bikini on a beach," she replies in a sarcastic tone, as she opens the cap of the water bottle, "Not at home or office," she takes a small sip, then puts the cap back.

"You love beaches or mountains?" I ask as she closes her eyes turns her face towards the sun and sighs.

I am trying so hard to make normal conversation with her and not to let my mind wanders off in wrong directions.  

"Beaches," her lips stretch in a small smile while her eyes still closed, "I love beaches."

My eyes fixed on her lips, as the memory of our first kiss still fresh in my mind. I am dying to find out how it will feel to kiss her now.

Damn, I can't keep on fantasizing about her!

Clearing my throat, I move my gaze away from her lips. 

"What are you thinking?" she narrows her eyes and keeps her hand over her eyes because of the sun glare.

You definitely do not want to know, what is going on in my mind.

"Nothing," I position myself slightly in front of her to block the sun.

Just thinking about kissing you, I add in my mind.

She gives me a grateful smile and keeps her hand back down.

Doing small things for her gives me strange kind of satisfaction, which I cannot explain in words. Even simple gestures like holding hands, small smiles or sudden eye contacts fills my heart with contentment. 

I quickly wrap my arm around her shoulders and pull her towards me, when I notice a ball coming in her direction in full speed. I block the ball with my other arm, as it bounces off my forearm with a loud thud, and lands on the sand.

I glare at the boy running towards us, from the same direction where the ball has come from. 

"Sorry," he picks up the ball and squats next to Abigail, "I hope you are not hurt," he looks back at his friends who all are laughing, then back at her. The smile on his face clearly shows he is anything but sorry.

"We are fine," I say pointedly, making him turn his face to me.

"But next time if this ball comes anywhere near us, you and your friends," I look over his shoulder, "Won't be fine," I warn him in a cold voice, as I glare at him.

He nods looking scared and joins back his friends. I keep my eyes on them till they are out of sight.

I turn my face to ask Abigail if she is fine. But my breath catches in my throat when I notice our close proximity. I didn't realize my arm still tightly wrapped around her, while one of her hand is placed on my chest. She looking up at me with wide eyes. My eyes roam on her face and then my gaze drops to her lips. Unknowingly, I start to lean towards and our lips merely inches apart. But before our lips can touch she pushes me and turns her face away.

String of curses escapes my mouth, as I rub my face with my both hands, feeling thoroughly annoyed with myself. Clenching my jaws tightly I punch my fist in the sand. I stand up and walk inside the house, not able to face her.

What will she think of me, that I am still that douchebag? Couldn't I control myself before trying to do such thing, when I know she is not ready, and even when I didn't confess her my feelings?

I hope I didn't ruin anything between us because of my stupidity.

*********************************************************************

Thank you for reading. If you like this chapter then, please don't forget to vote, comment, or share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 3.3K 35
"Don't leave." he takes my hand in his and looks me in the eyes that are full of different emotions now and I can't help but stare back, I don't want...
83.1K 1.9K 80
You & I are one big It's complicated Leon King a young CEO and also the hottest bachelor in NYC. Girls throw themselves at him some just to be in...
7M 183K 78
~◆~ "We have no other choice than to marry you off to Mr. Knight's grandson, Jacob." I looked up at my parents in shock "What! you guys are joking ri...
3.4M 95K 67
"Stay away from me I'm not the man for you understand" how did this change to this "I can't live without her", read to figure out this one of a kind...