It's Complicated ✔️

By ambivertreader

They are married, but not a couple. . . They are Husband and Wife, but complete strangers. . . What will happ... More

Author's note
🚨IMPORTANT NOTE❗
Prologue
Chapter 1: Unusual Married Life
Chapter 2: Business deal
Chapter 3: Bestie Therapy
Chapter 4: From Happy to Frustrated
Chapter 5: One Week, Three Meetings
Chapter 6: It's A Deal
Chapter 7: Knights are for princesses
Chapter 8: Nathan's house, not my home.
Chapter 9: You don't like her, because you don't know her!
Chapter 10: Mr.Grey is Mr.Knight's role model
Chapter 11: Change Of Behavior
Chapter 12: Reunion Part 1
Chapter: 13 Reunion Part 2
Chapter: 14 How dare you touch her?
Chapter: 15 Secret Admirer
Chapter: 16 My Boyfriend?
Chapter: 17 Agonizing Memory
Chapter: 18 A New Day
Chapter: 19 Bodyguard
Chapter: 20 Cutie Pie
First Award :)
Chapter: 21 Mrs.Nathan Knight
Chapter: 22 Speechless
Chapter: 23 Bonded By Vows
Chapter: 24 Giant Nanny
Chapter: 25 I've got you
Chapter: 26 I Am Too Good For You
Chapter: 27 First Kiss
Chapter: 28 Acting Differently
Chapter: 29 Your Girlfriend
Author's Note
Chapter: 30 Get Out!
Chapter: 31 My Dead Relationship
Chapter:32 Take Me Away
Chapter: 33 She Left Me
Chapter: 34 She Knows Everything
Chapter: 35 Owen Is Dead
Chapter: 36 Shoot That Bastard
Chapter: 38 They Are Here
Chapter:39 This Is It
Chapter:40 Don't Leave Me
Chapter: 41 Do not die!
Chapter: 42 I Miss You
Chapter: 43 Fifty Shades Of Grey
Chapter: 44 I Have Changed
Chapter:45 We Aim To Please
Chapter: 46 Goodbye
Chapter: 47 Abigail Loved Me
Chapter: 48 Hope and Determination
Chapter: 49 Little Progress
Chapter: 50 Just Ogling You
Chapter: 51 Are you possessed?
Chapter: 52 My Stupidity
Chapter: 53 Feelings Are Imperishable
Chapter: 54 Pure
Chapter: 55 I Love You
Chapter: 56 Queen
Chapter: 57 Trial And Error
Chapter: 58 Valentine's Day
Chapter: 59 I Am Happy
Chapter: 60 Fear
Chapter: 61 I Am Here
Chapter: 62 My Family
Chapter: 63 You Are Bothering Me
Chapter: 64 The Ring
Chapter: 65 Playroom
Chapter: 66 He Is Mine
Chapter: 67 Hash Brownies
Chapter: 68 Our Future
Chapter: 69 My Favorite Cupcake
Chapter: 70 Daddy's Pride
Chapter: 71 I Vow
Epilogue
Thank You!
Special Bonus Chapter: I never trouble her.
Bonus Chapter:1 Kisses
Bonus Chapter:2 Second Home
Bonus Chapter:3 Little Secret
Bonus Chapter:4 Part Of You
Bonus Chapter:5 Baby Mama
One Million Reads!!!
Bonus Chapter:6 Memories
Nominated For Fiction Awards 2019
Fiction Awards 2019
Bonus Chapter:7 You are just jealous.
Bonus Chapter:8 The Shopping
Bonus Chapter: 9 My Abigail
Something Extra
Bonus Chapter: 10 It's Time
Bonus Chapter: 11 Being A Dad
Bonus Chapter: 12 My cute little, Pooper
It's Complicated is now on Inkitt, too.
Bonus Chapter: 13 Pajama Party
Bonus Chapter: 14 I Told You So
Bonus Chapter: 15 Bloody vultures!
Bonus Chapter: 16 Lil Gentleman
New Announcement!
New Story Is Up!
🎊Celebrations Time!🎊
Please Read!
Announcement
It All Started With I Do (New Story)

Chapter: 37 You Lost Her Trust

71.6K 2.7K 271
By ambivertreader

Nathan's POV

Adam places a hand on my shoulder and nods at me as Nicolas exits the room. Following him, we walk outside the house when we are just about to sit in the car. A voice from behind stops us.

"Going without me?" Natalie says, making us turn to her.

"Get inside the house, you are not coming with us," Nicolas shakes his head.

"I am coming with you and this time you can't stop me by locking me up in the room, Uncle Nicolas," she challengingly looks at him.

"We are wasting time, we should hurry up," Adam says impatiently.

"Okay, you can come," Nicolas sighs defeatedly, knowing he can't make her stay.

"Where is she?" she asks Adam. He is about to answer but stops when Nicolas cuts him.

"Don't tell her. The lesser she knows, the better it is," Nicolas says as he opens the car door," that way she will stick with us and will not do anything crazy."

"Why are you carrying baseball bat?" Adam frowns when he notices baseball bat in her hand.

"I am planning to replace that 'r' with 'm' in Victor's name," she says as she puts one hand on her hip and lightly swing the baseball bat with other.

"Of course, you heard everything," Adam exasperate," Just don't swing this at his head, we need answers and smashed head won't be of much use."

"Get inside the car," my tone irritable as I motion towards my car with my hand, as the time is passing my anxiousness is growing.

I expected some kind of insult from her. But instead of showing her hatred towards me like she always does, she gives me a look which shows sadness and disappointment. Without saying anything to me she walks to Nicolas car and sits inside.

"I will come with you," Adam says.

I start the car and drive out of the driveway, and turn to the highway to reach to the address as soon as possible. Stepping on the gas I increase the speed while maneuvering between the lanes to avoid any kind of delay. 

"We are going to get to her soon," Adam gives me a sideways glance," she will be fine."

Gripping the steering wheel tightly, I swallow as I try to push away all negative feelings aside. Regardless, how much I try, the fear is gnawing me from inside and it will not go away, till she is not with me.

"Where was she going?" I ask him, trying to keep my head clear of tormenting thoughts.

When he doesn't respond to my question. I look at him, his jaw tightened as he is staring out from the window, then fix my gaze back to the road. 

"Away," after a few moments he speaks," away from all this," he exhales.

She was going away from me.

"All of this is too much for her," he continues," we are not aware what happened between you two, we only know how much she told us, but whatever it is, she has reached her saturation point."

"I broke her trust," I say quietly. Feeling even more, ashamed of myself when I admit it openly.

"No, you lost her trust," he looks at me pointedly," perhaps, her too."

Each word he spoke is true, but then also they enrage me. 

"I did a lot of mistakes in the past," I say calmly, as I exhale through teeth," and I truly regret everything, but I can't change the past."

"However, I am willing to change the future... the future which I want with her," I say truthfully, " after how I treated her, I can't expect anyone to believe me, but I really want to amend our relationship."

"I...I like her," I sigh and run a hand over my hair," I want her... and don't want to lose her."

"I will be honest with you," he says," It is not easy to forgive what you did, but if you truly like her and this is the only reason you want her, not because of guilt, then don't give up on your relationship like she didn't for all these years. However, if you are doing this just out of guilt, then I will suggest leave her alone and never come back in her life."

"We are here for her...we will take care of her," he shakes her head," she deserves a fresh start and maybe someone who will be with her, because he loves her, not out of pity."

Before, I can reply he points at the Nicolas car in front of us which is slowing down.

"I think we should also pull over here," he narrows his eyes as he leans forward and looks outside," I don't find any sort of building here, all there is just woods."

"Let's get outside and look," I park the car beside Nicolas car, and turn off the ignition.

As soon as we step outside the car, Officer Kellar comes to us with an annoyed expression.

"Where is Victor?" Nicolas asks as he looks around.

"He is held there," Kellar point to his right, to a rusty shelter almost hidden in woods," he helped in kidnapping Abigail, but she is not here," he purses his lips, as he shakes his head.

"Then where is Abigail?" I demand angrily.

"Mr.Knight we are trying to find her, but-"

The place echoes with a loud smack, the sound came from the shelter where Victor is. We share a look and run towards the shelter.

When we enter the shelter, our eyes quickly scan the place to figure what has happened. We find two baffled police officers, Victor groaning in pain on the ground as he tightly holds his ankle. While Natalie is standing there with a murderous look on her face, as she again swings her bat hitting his knee this time, making him scream in pain.

"Stop!" Kellar yells, " Pull her away from him," he tells the two officers who have recovered from their shocks, as one quickly grab the bat from Natalie's hand while other drag her to where we are standing.

"She just came out of nowhere and before we could stop her she started beating the shit out of him," the officer who pulled Natalie away, explains as he glances at Natalie with wide eyes.

"We already interrogated him, but he is not helping us much. He just told that he helped in the kidnapping but he is not telling who is behind it," Kellar informs us, then he turns to Victor who is still holding his leg," Are you willing to tell us, or should I let this girl smack your head?" he points to Natalie, who is looking ready to hit him.

"I am not going to tell you," he glares at us and shakes his head," that bitch deserves to die," his words laced with venom.

My whole body is burning with pure rage, I take a step forward towards him but Adam grabs my arm holding me in my place.

"My life got ruined because of her," he turns to Nicolas," Do you remember the woman who was begging you to forgive her only son but you turned a deaf ear to her? I was her son. I was nineteen so unlike others I was sent to jail, where every day I used to get abused by inmates. I served the sentence of the crime which we actually couldn't commit. And I regret that the most, we should have raped her the moment she came to that party, instead of waiting and drugging her," he smirks evilly," but don't worry he will make sure to ravish her every chance he will get, maybe he already did."

Nicolas stumbles back and tightly shut his eyes, his expression full of pain, as no father could bear the thought of something so horrible happening to her daughter. I yank my arm free from Adam's hold and in no time my fist connects with his face. All I could see is red, I repeatedly punch him in the face. Each punch holds more force than the previous one. 

Somebody touching her is too much to bear. The pain and anger, which I am feeling, are unexplainable. 

Victor's face is bloodied and bruised, he started to cough blood, but this doesn't stop me. I feel somebody is pulling me away from him as he is looking half conscious, pushing the person away, I hit him hard in the chest which makes him unconscious. 

My knuckles are busted and covered in blood, I don't know whether it is mine blood or his. Someone puts a hand on my shoulder, I turn to find it is Nicolas.

"C'mon we still have to find her," his voice cracks in the end. I swallow hardly and nod. 

Once we get outside, Mark hurriedly comes to me with a man.

"Mr.Knight this is Thomas, he found Abigail's phone, his car broke down a few miles away from here," he points to the man," On the side of the road he found this phone," he shows the phone.

"Yeah, I tried to switch it on, it turned on for few minutes then it went dead," Thomas says and awkwardly looks at Kellar who has joined us," I am not lying I found it on the road I am not a thief," he rapidly shakes his head.

"Calm down, we know you are not a thief," Nicolas says calmly, looking more composed now," we are trying to find my daughter and it is her phone," he explains.

"Why are you still here?" Kellar inquires him as he studies him," Did you find anything else?"

"I am waiting for the towing car,"  he says, as he looks at all of us," I just found this phone and nothing else."

"If this phone is found here, it means she is somewhere near," Kellar says, then walk towards the group of the police officers and started barking orders to search the place.

"Can I go now?" Thomas asks.

"Mark, make someone drop him and wait with him till the towing car arrives, then afterward drop him at his house," I tell Mark. He nods and leaves with Thomas.

Natalie comes and hugs Nicolas tightly, who is gently patting her head as she breaks down in tears.

"Don't worry we will find her, soon," he quietly says to her," Nothing is going to happen to her." It seems like more than her, he is trying to console himself.

As the anger wears off, the only emotion which is clutching my heart painfully is, dread.It is like somebody is piercing my heart with a hot iron rod. Every fear...every worry, I have for her safety hits me with full force. My mind silenced every other voice, as all my thoughts are focused on Abigail. 

*********************************************************************

Thank you for reading. If you like this chapter then, please don't forget to vote, comment, or share.

P.S. I really love the way you guys are so invested in the story. I thoroughly enjoy reading each and every comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 309 21
She loves him as long as she knows what is love. She fell in love with him when she first laid eyes on him. But fate played it's roll and got him mar...
5.1M 190K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...
2.3K 122 20
"Stay away from me, don't talk to me except if it is about my son or about something very important. And lastly don't fall in love with me" he said "...
2M 75K 56
Crystal Collins, 19 year old beautiful, brave and cheerful girl who has been through a lot in her past but still standing strong in front of her dest...