It's Complicated ✔️

By ambivertreader

They are married, but not a couple. . . They are Husband and Wife, but complete strangers. . . What will happ... More

Author's note
🚨IMPORTANT NOTE❗
Prologue
Chapter 1: Unusual Married Life
Chapter 2: Business deal
Chapter 3: Bestie Therapy
Chapter 4: From Happy to Frustrated
Chapter 5: One Week, Three Meetings
Chapter 6: It's A Deal
Chapter 7: Knights are for princesses
Chapter 8: Nathan's house, not my home.
Chapter 9: You don't like her, because you don't know her!
Chapter 10: Mr.Grey is Mr.Knight's role model
Chapter 11: Change Of Behavior
Chapter 12: Reunion Part 1
Chapter: 13 Reunion Part 2
Chapter: 14 How dare you touch her?
Chapter: 15 Secret Admirer
Chapter: 16 My Boyfriend?
Chapter: 17 Agonizing Memory
Chapter: 18 A New Day
Chapter: 19 Bodyguard
Chapter: 20 Cutie Pie
First Award :)
Chapter: 21 Mrs.Nathan Knight
Chapter: 22 Speechless
Chapter: 23 Bonded By Vows
Chapter: 24 Giant Nanny
Chapter: 25 I've got you
Chapter: 26 I Am Too Good For You
Chapter: 27 First Kiss
Chapter: 28 Acting Differently
Chapter: 29 Your Girlfriend
Author's Note
Chapter: 30 Get Out!
Chapter: 31 My Dead Relationship
Chapter:32 Take Me Away
Chapter: 33 She Left Me
Chapter: 34 She Knows Everything
Chapter: 35 Owen Is Dead
Chapter: 37 You Lost Her Trust
Chapter: 38 They Are Here
Chapter:39 This Is It
Chapter:40 Don't Leave Me
Chapter: 41 Do not die!
Chapter: 42 I Miss You
Chapter: 43 Fifty Shades Of Grey
Chapter: 44 I Have Changed
Chapter:45 We Aim To Please
Chapter: 46 Goodbye
Chapter: 47 Abigail Loved Me
Chapter: 48 Hope and Determination
Chapter: 49 Little Progress
Chapter: 50 Just Ogling You
Chapter: 51 Are you possessed?
Chapter: 52 My Stupidity
Chapter: 53 Feelings Are Imperishable
Chapter: 54 Pure
Chapter: 55 I Love You
Chapter: 56 Queen
Chapter: 57 Trial And Error
Chapter: 58 Valentine's Day
Chapter: 59 I Am Happy
Chapter: 60 Fear
Chapter: 61 I Am Here
Chapter: 62 My Family
Chapter: 63 You Are Bothering Me
Chapter: 64 The Ring
Chapter: 65 Playroom
Chapter: 66 He Is Mine
Chapter: 67 Hash Brownies
Chapter: 68 Our Future
Chapter: 69 My Favorite Cupcake
Chapter: 70 Daddy's Pride
Chapter: 71 I Vow
Epilogue
Thank You!
Special Bonus Chapter: I never trouble her.
Bonus Chapter:1 Kisses
Bonus Chapter:2 Second Home
Bonus Chapter:3 Little Secret
Bonus Chapter:4 Part Of You
Bonus Chapter:5 Baby Mama
One Million Reads!!!
Bonus Chapter:6 Memories
Nominated For Fiction Awards 2019
Fiction Awards 2019
Bonus Chapter:7 You are just jealous.
Bonus Chapter:8 The Shopping
Bonus Chapter: 9 My Abigail
Something Extra
Bonus Chapter: 10 It's Time
Bonus Chapter: 11 Being A Dad
Bonus Chapter: 12 My cute little, Pooper
It's Complicated is now on Inkitt, too.
Bonus Chapter: 13 Pajama Party
Bonus Chapter: 14 I Told You So
Bonus Chapter: 15 Bloody vultures!
Bonus Chapter: 16 Lil Gentleman
New Announcement!
New Story Is Up!
🎊Celebrations Time!🎊
Please Read!
Announcement
It All Started With I Do (New Story)

Chapter: 36 Shoot That Bastard

69.4K 2.7K 171
By ambivertreader

Nathan's POV

As each hour pass, I feel myself shattering. Shattering at the thought what if we can't find Abigail in time or what if we are already too late and something has happened to her. My composure slowly chipping away, as my heart weigh downs while worst scenarios go through my mind. 

Leaning against the table, I check my phone for the millionth time in the hope that maybe from somewhere I will get positive news that she is fine. I grip phone tightly in my fist as I stare at the screen, as a new wave of pain clenches my heart.

Mark lightly knocks on my open office door, to grab my attention. Raising my eyes from the screen I nod him to come inside.

"Any update?" I straighten myself and ask him, although the answer is visible on his face.

"No, Mr.Knight," he lightly shakes his head and flexes his jaws, beneath the firm tone, worry and defeat can be heard.

"We will find her soon," he says reassuringly, "I have got all my men on it."

"Run a thorough background check on everyone, who was in touch with her," I order him.

"Already on it," his eyes dart to his phone when it beeps," I will keep you updated," he nods and leaves.

Helplessness, the thing which I hate the most, is dominating all my emotions. It feels like it has been ages since I have seen her. Just a few months back even the thought of seeing her used to annoy me and now thought of never seeing her makes my blood run cold.

I harshly yank my tie and throw it on the floor, and groan frustratingly. Running my hand through my hair I exit my office, my feet have their own mind as I end up in Abigail's empty office.

Flicking on the lights I take in the surrounding, everything looks the same at the same time it isn't. The table behind where she used to sit, with a frown between her brows and lips moving in silent cursing, is empty. She thinks that I have never noticed her, however, the truth is from the moment she came into my life, she has occupied my mind to the point that used to annoy me and I would do everything in my power to ignore her. When every female around me tried to gain my attention, she was...she is an exception, without doing anything she somehow holds my attention.

Lowering myself in her seat,  I open the first drawer on the left side of the table. 

"This is the reason, she often used to skip lunch,"  I shake my head as laugh bubble up in my throat as it is filled with chocolate wrappers. 

Closing the first drawer, I lean back on the chair and open the second one. I take out a notepad and put it on the table. Leaning forward I open the notepad, my eyes skim over her beautiful cursive writing as she noted down everything on it, from random things to important. A smile tugging on my face when I read on things do to do list, she wrote: " Smash Nathan Knight's face on the nearby wall to wipe off that irritating smirk from his face."

Turning over the page I read another list named as gifts. The list contained names of almost everyone she knows, Georgia, Mark, and even Mrs.Jones name is also on the list. My eyebrows raise a little, in surprise when I read my name. Not many people gift me, so I am curious to know what she was planning to gift me. Inquisitively I check beneath my name, as under each person's name she mentioned their gift. A chuckle escapes from my mouth as I read LEGO Technic Bugatti Chiron. Then suddenly realization hits me halting my laugh. Every year for the last three years, I receive a gift from an anonymous person, now I know who this person is. Guilt churns inside me as I never acknowledged her and never treated her the way she deserved. But still, even after everything I did, instead of holding a grudge against me she always thought about me. Learning this new truth, determination to amend things with her intensifies. I feel more inclined towards her, while her absence hurting me even more.

She just disappeared...there is no sign of her. The person who kidnapped her is very clever as he didn't leave any trail behind him. He is someone who was keeping an eye on her every move and waited for the right opportunity and made his move when he finally got one. 

My eyes again wander to the list, spotting Victor's name stirs irritation in me as there something which I am missing. I narrow my eyes on his name in concentration, while tapping my finger on the side of the page. Closing my eyes momentarily I rattle through my brain, then the missing information clicks in my head, as I remember overhearing his and Abigail's conversation.

 As soon as I figure the missing piece fury surges through me. Clenching my jaw I hurriedly make my way outside the office and update Mark with this new found information. Driving to Prescott's house I inform dad, who said he will be also reaching there shortly. 

A guard at the front gate, informs inside the house about my arrival and after a few second they opened the gates, as Mark drives the car through the long driveway and stops the car in front of the main door. 

Getting outside the car I climb stone stairs in a few quick strides. Even before I can knock, the main door opens revealing a middle-aged man in uniform. Giving me curt nod he guides me to the family room, where almost everyone is present. Nicolas' arms are wrapped around his distress wife as her head is rested on his chest. Abigail's sister Hannah is silently sitting in the corner in her arms she held her three years old sleeping son. Her husband Adam is talking to someone on the phone, his tone furious while he is pacing the room. When he sees me, he ends the call and turns to me. 

"Nathan," His face holds a stern look. I shake his extended hand as Nicolas motions me to sit.

Hearing my name Beth straighten and looks at me with a piercing gaze. I deserve all the anger which is directed towards me, but we have to deal with something which is more important, so I keep my focus on the real issue. 

"I know who has abducted Abigail," instantly everyone attention is on me. 

"Who?" Nicolas asks, his eyes blazing fire.

"Victor," I grit my teeth together. 

"We have to inform Officer Kellar. So they can find about his whereabouts," Nicolas nods at Adam, who wasted no time in dialing Kellar's number and rushes outside the room.

It surprises me what without even questioning me further, they all believed in me. This gives me slight hope that they will understand that I have realized my mistakes and I seriously want to give my relationship a new start. 

"How did you figure?" Nicolas turns to me. 

"When you told that Victor's mother is not well and he has gone to meet her. I figured there is something fishy, but couldn't exactly pinpoint what it was. But then I remember him telling Abigail that he lost his family a few years back. That's when I realized he is behind all this," I clenched my fists in my lap.

"That motherfu..." he stops in mid-word as he glances over to Hannah's arm, he sighs," I trusted  that backstabber with my daughter's safety."

"This is the second time you trusted my sister with the wrong person and look where she ended up," Hannah glares at me, her voice full of hatred.

"Hannah," Beth admonishes her daughter, as guilt and regret flashes through Nicolas' eyes but soon anger replaces them.

Adam rushes into the room with a fierce look, behind him I see Mark wearing the similar expression.

"They have figured Victor's location. Officer Kellar on his way, with his team, to the location," Adam informs.

"My man just informed me Abigail's phone was turned on for some time, but it was enough for him to track it down," Mark says his face already confirming my suspicion," It matches with location."

Soon Nicolas is on his feet and he walks to the cupboard rested against the wall and grabs a 9mm Semi Auto Pistol.  He checks its safety, and magazine making sure it is full then clicks it back in the place. He keeps the gun in his pocket and moves towards the door when Beth's voice halts his steps.

"Nicolas I want my daughter in my arms safely," Beth sternly says, her eyes rimmed with redness," I don't care how... I don't care what you have to do, but I want her back."

"Yeah, Dad, shoot that bastard," Hannah seethes.

Adams shakes his head and mumbles, "language," but Hannah hears him as he receives a menacing glare from her. He raises his hands in surrender but lightly nods towards his sleeping son who is now stirring in her arms.

"Nathan," she turns her glare from her husband to me," don't even think for a moment that I am going to let you go for hurting my sister. At present nothing is more important than her. But as soon as she gets back home, nothing is going to stop me from breaking your bones for hurting her."

*********************************************************************

Thank you for reading. If you like this chapter then, please don't forget to vote, comment, or share.

(I was wondering, as we have crossed 40k reads should we do a question and answer session? )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 431 50
One date. That's what they were told. One date evolves into something. Something neither of them wanted. A grave misunderstanding occurs pushing a ma...
128K 3.2K 35
"Don't leave." he takes my hand in his and looks me in the eyes that are full of different emotions now and I can't help but stare back, I don't want...
9.1K 439 13
"I DON'T FUCKING LOVE YOU! GET THAT IN YOUR HEAD, BELLA!" He yelled while he pointed his finger to my head. "DON'T LIE TO YOUR FUCKING SELF, CALVIN!"...
3.4M 94.9K 67
"Stay away from me I'm not the man for you understand" how did this change to this "I can't live without her", read to figure out this one of a kind...