It's Complicated ✔️

By ambivertreader

They are married, but not a couple. . . They are Husband and Wife, but complete strangers. . . What will happ... More

Author's note
🚨IMPORTANT NOTE❗
Prologue
Chapter 1: Unusual Married Life
Chapter 2: Business deal
Chapter 3: Bestie Therapy
Chapter 4: From Happy to Frustrated
Chapter 5: One Week, Three Meetings
Chapter 6: It's A Deal
Chapter 7: Knights are for princesses
Chapter 8: Nathan's house, not my home.
Chapter 9: You don't like her, because you don't know her!
Chapter 10: Mr.Grey is Mr.Knight's role model
Chapter 11: Change Of Behavior
Chapter 12: Reunion Part 1
Chapter: 13 Reunion Part 2
Chapter: 14 How dare you touch her?
Chapter: 15 Secret Admirer
Chapter: 16 My Boyfriend?
Chapter: 17 Agonizing Memory
Chapter: 18 A New Day
Chapter: 19 Bodyguard
Chapter: 20 Cutie Pie
First Award :)
Chapter: 21 Mrs.Nathan Knight
Chapter: 22 Speechless
Chapter: 23 Bonded By Vows
Chapter: 25 I've got you
Chapter: 26 I Am Too Good For You
Chapter: 27 First Kiss
Chapter: 28 Acting Differently
Chapter: 29 Your Girlfriend
Author's Note
Chapter: 30 Get Out!
Chapter: 31 My Dead Relationship
Chapter:32 Take Me Away
Chapter: 33 She Left Me
Chapter: 34 She Knows Everything
Chapter: 35 Owen Is Dead
Chapter: 36 Shoot That Bastard
Chapter: 37 You Lost Her Trust
Chapter: 38 They Are Here
Chapter:39 This Is It
Chapter:40 Don't Leave Me
Chapter: 41 Do not die!
Chapter: 42 I Miss You
Chapter: 43 Fifty Shades Of Grey
Chapter: 44 I Have Changed
Chapter:45 We Aim To Please
Chapter: 46 Goodbye
Chapter: 47 Abigail Loved Me
Chapter: 48 Hope and Determination
Chapter: 49 Little Progress
Chapter: 50 Just Ogling You
Chapter: 51 Are you possessed?
Chapter: 52 My Stupidity
Chapter: 53 Feelings Are Imperishable
Chapter: 54 Pure
Chapter: 55 I Love You
Chapter: 56 Queen
Chapter: 57 Trial And Error
Chapter: 58 Valentine's Day
Chapter: 59 I Am Happy
Chapter: 60 Fear
Chapter: 61 I Am Here
Chapter: 62 My Family
Chapter: 63 You Are Bothering Me
Chapter: 64 The Ring
Chapter: 65 Playroom
Chapter: 66 He Is Mine
Chapter: 67 Hash Brownies
Chapter: 68 Our Future
Chapter: 69 My Favorite Cupcake
Chapter: 70 Daddy's Pride
Chapter: 71 I Vow
Epilogue
Thank You!
Special Bonus Chapter: I never trouble her.
Bonus Chapter:1 Kisses
Bonus Chapter:2 Second Home
Bonus Chapter:3 Little Secret
Bonus Chapter:4 Part Of You
Bonus Chapter:5 Baby Mama
One Million Reads!!!
Bonus Chapter:6 Memories
Nominated For Fiction Awards 2019
Fiction Awards 2019
Bonus Chapter:7 You are just jealous.
Bonus Chapter:8 The Shopping
Bonus Chapter: 9 My Abigail
Something Extra
Bonus Chapter: 10 It's Time
Bonus Chapter: 11 Being A Dad
Bonus Chapter: 12 My cute little, Pooper
It's Complicated is now on Inkitt, too.
Bonus Chapter: 13 Pajama Party
Bonus Chapter: 14 I Told You So
Bonus Chapter: 15 Bloody vultures!
Bonus Chapter: 16 Lil Gentleman
New Announcement!
New Story Is Up!
🎊Celebrations Time!🎊
Please Read!
Announcement
It All Started With I Do (New Story)

Chapter: 24 Giant Nanny

83.3K 2.8K 331
By ambivertreader

This chapter is dedicated to Tita_setiawati.  Thank you for supporting this story. 😊

  ***************************************************************   

Sun rays peep into my room through the windows, I try to block them by snuggling my face deep into the pillow. No matter how much I try to get some more sleep, it is useless as my room is already filled with sunlight. For a while, I toss and turn in my bed in hope of finding a comfortable position to sleep in, but no avail.  

Finally, after failing miserably in going back to sleep, I kick off the blanket and reach my bedside table to get my phone. I check my messages to find, five unread messages, all of them by the different persons but the message is the same " No GN."

If you are wondering that, last night I slept in the car then Nathan carried me to my bed, then you are wrong. No such thing had happened, not that I am complaining, as I will prefer it that way only. Because when we reach back I was wide awake, as Natalie called me to give me the details of her date. 

Now, getting back to the issue in hand. As it is a weekend, some of my friends made a sudden plan of clubbing, but the biggest problem is that they asked strictly not to bring Victor with me. I tried to convince them that he is really good and he can easily blend in with the...walls. However, they didn't agree. So, I have to find a way to go without him.

After going through my morning routine, I change into denim shorts and a t-shirt. I stroll to the kitchen to find Georgia making breakfast and Nathan already sitting on the kitchen stool. 

"Good Morning," I greet them, as I sit on the stool next to him.

"Morning," he smiles.

"What will you have for your breakfast? I am making pancakes," Georgia asks, flipping a pancake.

"I will just have an apple," I reply, picking up an apple from the fruit basket.

Georgia places pancakes on the plate and put it in front of Nathan, as he pours orange juice in two glasses and slides one glass to me.

I thank him and take a sip, trying to make a plan to go clubbing without Victor. 

"Hey Georgia, can you please seduce Victor to stay with you tonight?" I playfully ask Georgia. 

"What?!" Nathan chokes on his food and looks at me with wide eyes.

"I would love to, but dear I don't think Bob will like that," she replies jokingly, as she puts dirty dishes in the dishwasher and goes out of the kitchen. Bob is her husband I haven't met him, but from what she told he is a funny guy.

"Nathan, can you call in some favors, from your vast female acquaintances to keep Victor busy for just one night?" I plea giving him puppy eyes.

"What is going on your mind? Why are you so hell-bent on getting rid of Victor?" he raises his brow and turns to me.

"My friends are going to the club tonight and they don't want me to bring GN with me," I sigh defeatedly and take a small bite of the apple and chew slowly.

"GN?" he frowns in confusion.

"Giant Nanny," I roll my eyes.

He starts to laugh, his laugh is contagious as I find myself also laughing along with him.

"That's enough, stop it," I say between laugh.

"You are diverting from the issue," I chew my bottom lip," how can I get him off my back?" I look at him with a hopeful gaze that he may suggest something which will work. Suddenly, an idea pops into my mind. I nod to myself as smile creeps slowly onto my face. 

"I am not liking that smile on your face," he says looking warily at me.

  "You are going to help me in getting rid of Victor," I grin creepily at him.  

"I am not going to seduce Victor," he shouts looking horrified and shakes his head.

His horrified expression is hilarious, I can't stop the laughter that erupts from me. I burst out laughing and fall from the stool. I rub my left side which hurt from the fall. He quickly kneels beside me looking concerned. 

I try to sit up and groan as I put pressure on my left side, but I can't control my laughter as images of him seducing Victor starts to play in my mind. I can't help it, I have a very vivid imagination. Taking deep breaths, I try to get hold of my laughter fit. Wiping my tears, I find Nathan sitting patiently on the floor beside me with a small smile playing on his lips.

"Only you can laugh when you are hurt," he shakes his head with an amused smile.

"I have years of practice to laugh when I am in pain," I smirk and flick my hair playfully," It is my hidden talent to smile through the tears."

"Sorry," I mumble looking down when I see his face turns extremely serious," bad joke."

"So, now tell me what is on your mind?" he looks at me expectantly.

"Images of you seducing Victor," I bit my lip, as I can feel another round of laughter bubbling up inside me.

He narrows his eyes and playfully glares at me.

"You are going to drop me at the club," I point at him, "If you are going with me then there is no need for Victor to tag."

"Only on one condition," He smirks, "I am not going to just drop you and leave, but I will come with you."

"Why?"

"I don't have any plans for today I will be bored at home, so I will have fun with you," he shrugs.

"I don't think you can have fun with me," I shake my head and raise my finger, "Just to clarify, I can't provide you that kind of fun."

"Geez girl, pull your head out of the gutter," he jokingly scolds.

"I am talking about normal clean fun, which friends have," with a lopsided smile he adds," If you want we can have that type of fun too."

"In your dreams," I scoff.

"I will do much more things in my dream, than just having fun with you," he winks as he stands from the floor and lazily walks away.

"I will strangle you with my own hands in your dreams too," I shout gritting my teeth, he definitely hears me, as his laughing sound echoes from the hallway.

*******************************************************************

Rest of the day went by just me lazying around, but the whole day my mind was practically buzzing with excitement. After so long I will get a carefree night, without worrying about anything, a night where I am just going to enjoy with my friends. A small part of me is excited at the prospect of Nathan coming with me.

I change into black full sleeves bodycon dress, which hugs my curves perfectly, the hem of the dress reaches my mid thigh. I paired my dress with black stilettos, which adds a few inches to my height. After finishing my makeup, I run the brush through my hair and letting them hang loosely over my shoulder.

Sitting in the living room I surf through the TV channels as I wait patiently for Nathan to come down. When I hear his footsteps I quickly turn off the TV and walks to him. He stops in mid-stride when his eyes land on me. Smug look forms on my face when I catch his eyes scanning over my body with the slow glance. 

Dude, so subtle.

In the meantime, I give him a quick once-over, he is wearing a white button-down shirt with black denim.  

Great! We are matching again.

I clear my throat and smirk," So, you will still call me cutie pie?" I raise my brows questioningly.

"You look amazing," Instead of answering my question, he says as he rolls his sleeves, not even least bothered by the fact I just caught him checking out.

"Thank you," I grin," and you look hot."

"Compliment from you... must be my lucky day," he smirks.

"Don't get used to it," I shrug.

"Then I should have recorded it."

"C'mon lets go," I groans as he takes his sweet time rolling his sleeves. 

"Ok...ok...let's go," He laughs when I practically drag him outside.

*******************************************************************  

"Who is going to be there?" Nathan asks, as soon as we hit the road.

"Just some of my friends," I shrug, " You have already met Eric and Lucy, then there will be Shawn, Travis, Rachel, and Sara...Oh and your greatest hater Natalie," I chuckle.

"I am so looking forward, to meet my number one hater," he rolls his eyes.

"Sara is Shawn's girlfriend, and Travis and Rachel don't get much along, something happened between them... they are..." I try to find a word to explain their relationship.

"Complicated?" Nathan suggests.

"No... difficult... like can't live with each other, also can't live without each other."

"Complicated is us," I laugh lightly.

"That means our relationship status is complicated," Nathan playfully raises an eyebrow, while still looking on the road.

"Totally, from the beginning, our relationship status is It's Complicated," I laugh and shake my head.

"You know it is funny, last time when I went to the club you ruined my fun by showing up there," after a pause I add," Now, I am going to the club because you agreed to come with me."

I smile reminiscing how much things have changed between us from that time. 

"Yeah, I remember that was the first time some girl called me an asshole," he changes gear and tilts his head slightly to me before looking back at the road," at least on my face."

 "Can't blame Natalie, you were shamelessly exchanging saliva with another girl after making her best friend upset, you should be happy she hadn't broken a bottle on your head," I extend my hand to turn the radio on. But he catches my hand and slows the car as he turns his face to me.

"I know you will not believe me, but I am genuinely sorry for whatever happened," he sighs, " I have a past, I was in a relationship that tainted me. Whatever I did was unintentional, honestly, I never care about how my behavior will affect you."

I pull my hand away from his and clasp my hands together in my lap. I don't look at him and keep my gaze fixed ahead, as I try to hold back the moisture which is forming in my eyes. I know he is waiting for me to say something, as he shared something about him. But when he realizes he will not get any response from me, he shifts his attention back to the driving.

I close my eyes and leans back my head on the headrest. My heart clenches painfully when I think that he loved somebody else. No, he still loves her. Who can understand this better than me? That you can't stop loving someone, even if he has hurt you badly, especially when that person is your first love. The feeling just doesn't go away, it always remains buried somewhere in your heart.

In the past three years, I have seen him with so many girls still, that doesn't hurt me as much the thought of him loving someone else does. I always believed he is not capable of loving someone, but now I know he is not capable of loving me. Because he already loves someone, who has broken his heart. I know we don't have a future together, but still, it hurts.

"We are here," Nathan's voice breaks the silence which had taken over the car as he parks the car in the parking area. I give him a forced smile as I unbuckle the seat belt and step out of the car. Nathan also steps out and comes to my side. He holds out his hand to me.

"Why do you want to hold hands?" I ask looking quizzically at his hand.

"I don't want to be lost in the crowd, that's why," He shakes his head and sighs exasperatedly, and grabs my hand as we start walking towards the entrance.

"You know, it is impossible to keep up with your moods and you," I say giving him a sideways glance. 

It is true his mood can change in a blink of an eye and you can not anticipate his reaction. Like suddenly, he shared a little something about his past in the middle of our playful talk.

"Yet, you have kept up with me for three years," he says in a tone so low that I would have missed it if I wasn't paying attention to him. 

  *******************************************************************   

Thank you for reading. If you like this chapter then, please don't forget to vote, comment, or share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 33K 11
FULL NOVEL AVAILABLE ON PAPERBACK. https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B098RNSG6V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_i_D92ENW1ETWBPD5QJDP6B (Link in bio) ☆☆☆ Allison Presco...
200K 7.4K 55
"where are you going?" I asked him "she needs me I have to go, I'll be back soon" "it's our marriage day Mason. We are about to take our...
27.5K 1.2K 31
I am Brooklyn Hanna Adams my friends call me Brooke. I had turned 18 when my life turned upside down. In a blink of eye my life changed from a daddie...
31.2K 777 46
Sometimes love will make you bloom. Sometimes it will torn you apart. Some stories will make in history. Some will make someone history. ____________...