It's Complicated ✔️

By ambivertreader

They are married, but not a couple. . . They are Husband and Wife, but complete strangers. . . What will happ... More

Author's note
🚨IMPORTANT NOTE❗
Prologue
Chapter 1: Unusual Married Life
Chapter 2: Business deal
Chapter 3: Bestie Therapy
Chapter 4: From Happy to Frustrated
Chapter 5: One Week, Three Meetings
Chapter 6: It's A Deal
Chapter 7: Knights are for princesses
Chapter 8: Nathan's house, not my home.
Chapter 9: You don't like her, because you don't know her!
Chapter 10: Mr.Grey is Mr.Knight's role model
Chapter 11: Change Of Behavior
Chapter 12: Reunion Part 1
Chapter: 13 Reunion Part 2
Chapter: 15 Secret Admirer
Chapter: 16 My Boyfriend?
Chapter: 17 Agonizing Memory
Chapter: 18 A New Day
Chapter: 19 Bodyguard
Chapter: 20 Cutie Pie
First Award :)
Chapter: 21 Mrs.Nathan Knight
Chapter: 22 Speechless
Chapter: 23 Bonded By Vows
Chapter: 24 Giant Nanny
Chapter: 25 I've got you
Chapter: 26 I Am Too Good For You
Chapter: 27 First Kiss
Chapter: 28 Acting Differently
Chapter: 29 Your Girlfriend
Author's Note
Chapter: 30 Get Out!
Chapter: 31 My Dead Relationship
Chapter:32 Take Me Away
Chapter: 33 She Left Me
Chapter: 34 She Knows Everything
Chapter: 35 Owen Is Dead
Chapter: 36 Shoot That Bastard
Chapter: 37 You Lost Her Trust
Chapter: 38 They Are Here
Chapter:39 This Is It
Chapter:40 Don't Leave Me
Chapter: 41 Do not die!
Chapter: 42 I Miss You
Chapter: 43 Fifty Shades Of Grey
Chapter: 44 I Have Changed
Chapter:45 We Aim To Please
Chapter: 46 Goodbye
Chapter: 47 Abigail Loved Me
Chapter: 48 Hope and Determination
Chapter: 49 Little Progress
Chapter: 50 Just Ogling You
Chapter: 51 Are you possessed?
Chapter: 52 My Stupidity
Chapter: 53 Feelings Are Imperishable
Chapter: 54 Pure
Chapter: 55 I Love You
Chapter: 56 Queen
Chapter: 57 Trial And Error
Chapter: 58 Valentine's Day
Chapter: 59 I Am Happy
Chapter: 60 Fear
Chapter: 61 I Am Here
Chapter: 62 My Family
Chapter: 63 You Are Bothering Me
Chapter: 64 The Ring
Chapter: 65 Playroom
Chapter: 66 He Is Mine
Chapter: 67 Hash Brownies
Chapter: 68 Our Future
Chapter: 69 My Favorite Cupcake
Chapter: 70 Daddy's Pride
Chapter: 71 I Vow
Epilogue
Thank You!
Special Bonus Chapter: I never trouble her.
Bonus Chapter:1 Kisses
Bonus Chapter:2 Second Home
Bonus Chapter:3 Little Secret
Bonus Chapter:4 Part Of You
Bonus Chapter:5 Baby Mama
One Million Reads!!!
Bonus Chapter:6 Memories
Nominated For Fiction Awards 2019
Fiction Awards 2019
Bonus Chapter:7 You are just jealous.
Bonus Chapter:8 The Shopping
Bonus Chapter: 9 My Abigail
Something Extra
Bonus Chapter: 10 It's Time
Bonus Chapter: 11 Being A Dad
Bonus Chapter: 12 My cute little, Pooper
It's Complicated is now on Inkitt, too.
Bonus Chapter: 13 Pajama Party
Bonus Chapter: 14 I Told You So
Bonus Chapter: 15 Bloody vultures!
Bonus Chapter: 16 Lil Gentleman
New Announcement!
New Story Is Up!
🎊Celebrations Time!🎊
Please Read!
Announcement
It All Started With I Do (New Story)

Chapter: 14 How dare you touch her?

94.2K 3K 177
By ambivertreader

This chapter is dedicated to purple053. Thank you for supporting this story. 😊

***************************************************************

Nathan's POV

I would never let anybody insult her and get away with it.

"I am going to kill whoever laid a finger on her or hurt her," I mumble, while frustratingly running my fingers through my hair.

The moment I enter the hallway, I see Ronnie and even my slightest doubt was confirmed, when I see him rubbing the side of his face. He is only capable of being so disgusting.

The bright red handprint on his face was proving that Abigail definitely slapped the shit out of him. But that doesn't cool down my anger in any way.

I march towards him and instantly my fist makes contact with his face. The crunching sound was enough to confirm that I have hit the jackpot.

" What the hell?!" Ronnie yells in pain as he clutches his bloodied nose.

But I am nowhere finish with him. I land him series of punches straight in his face which causes him to stumble and eventually he falls on the floor rather painfully. I roughly grab his collar and make him stand on his feet.

" How dare you touch her?" I bring his face closer and make him look at me.

I haven't felt such kind of rage in a long time.

"I didn't know what are you talking about," He stutters and tries to loosen my grip.

That lying Bastard!

Hearing the commotion Liam and Ethan come out, following Olivia and Jessica.

Ethan tries to pry me off Ronnie, but I have pinned him against the wall.

" What's going on here?" Liam asks looking between me and Ronnie with wide eyes.

"This bastard touched Abigail," I say through gritted teeth.

"No," Ronnie coughs and tries to remove my hand from his throat.

"Don't lie, I have seen you going outside, after Abigail left," Ethan says as he narrows his eyes at him.

I tighten my grip on his throat, making him choke.

"Next time if you try to do something like this, even doctors  will not be able to fix you up," Taking a step back I shove him hard against the wall for the last time.

I will never tolerate such behavior against Abigail or any women.

Ronnie starts coughing vigorously on the floor, as he attempts to regain his breath.

"You will have to pay for this Nathan," He wipes the blood from his mouth, his voice laced with venom.

"He doesn't pay for cheap things, "Jessica replies as she stands beside me.

"Throw him out now, I don't want him in my house," Jessica says to Ethan.

He wastes no time in dragging him outside.

Then she turns to me and carefully examines my hand.

"Damn, you used him as a punching bag," Jessica laughs lightly, "Let's get your hand clean."

She tugs me to the living room, I notice almost all the guests have left. Jessica brings the first-aid box from the kitchen and sits next to me.

"I am sorry I ruined your party," I speak as she starts cleaning my hand with alcohol swab which causes me to wince slightly.

"Nah, that shit deserved it and I should be sorry Abigail was mistreated in my house," She picks out the antiseptic cream and applies on my knuckles.

After bandaging my hand, she closes the first-aid box and turns to me, "Nathan I thought you were smart, but I was wrong," she sighs and shakes her head disappointingly.

I frown, not understanding what she is implying.

" I have met Abigail just for a few hours and I can say she is nothing like you think she is," She pauses for a moment then continue," I am sorry if I am intruding in your personal life, but I think you have wasted almost three years of your life by hating her for no reason."

She doesn't wait for my response and carries on," You still have time to rectify your mistake. So, try to mend your relationship before it's too late. I can only give advice, being a friend, rest is up to you."

Liam comes with two beers in his hand, he passes one to me and plops down on the opposite couch.

He stretches his legs in front of him," I so fucking wish Megan was a man, only shit comes out of that bitches mouth." He makes a face.

"What does it has to do with her being a woman?" Olivia sits down next to him and he wraps his arm around her.

" Then our angry man here," He nods at me," could throw some solid punches at her also," he takes a big gulp from his beer bottle.

As if on cue, Megan comes sauntering towards us.

"Bitch," Liam says under his breath loud enough for everyone to hear.

" What are you still doing here?" Jessica narrows her eyes," I have clearly asked you to leave."

" Oh, Come on," Megan drags the words and rolls her eyes," You are just overreacting, I haven't said anything as such to her."

It didn't take long to put two and two together. Without even realizing I am up on my feet as I grab Megan harshly by the forearm.

" What the fuck did to say to her?" I ask in a calm tone, but inside I am anything but calm. I am aware of how much rubbish, she can talk.

The pain in Abigail's eyes showed how much her words have affected her.

"Leave my hand, you are hurting me," She tries to free her arm from my hold.

I relax my grip on her, but still, keep holding her waiting for her to reply.

" I only said what's true, you were forced to marry her, weren't you?" She fakes sympathy and puts her other hand on my hand, which is holding her.

"No you are wrong, I wasn't forced to marry her," I say narrowing my eyes at her hand. She gets the signal and immediately pulls her hand away.

Nobody made me marry her at gunpoint. Moreover, I was trapped in such circumstances that I didn't have much choice.

"And even if I was forced to marry her, who the hell are you to talk to her like that," I tell off her harshly.

She flinches at the sharpness of my voice, but still have the nerve to speak," We all know you don't like her-"

I cut off her before she can complete her sentence.

"Whether I like her or not, it's none of your business. I haven't given anyone right to degrade her," I glare at her," You are no one to speak her like that. If I find you again badmouthing about her, then be ready to face the consequences and trust me that won't be good." I say in a threatening manner.

While crossing my arms, I ask her in a clipped tone, " Have I made myself clear?"

"Y-yes," She nods, then rushes out of the room.

After saying my goodbyes to everyone, I walk towards my car. Slowly I pull out the car on the road when Abigail's face comes in front of my eyes.

God! I have never seen her like this!

Even when I annoy or irritate her, she never breaks down. But today, when I saw her crying I didn't feel right.

When Mark informed me earlier today, that he saw a man following her. I knew it that somebody is after her. That's why I wanted her to come with me, so I know she's safe. I can just hope now that she's safely reached home, maybe that guy Ben dropped her home. He seemed quite friendly with her.

Why does it matter even if he is!

I should only focus on finding one good reason to leave her, while keeping her safe.

When I reach home, I ask the security if Abigail came back home, to which their answer is negative. Then I order them if they see any suspicious guy roaming around here, they should immediately inform me.

Inside the home, it strangely feels empty. Even I am living alone for so long, but after Abigail moved in, there's something different about it. After I freshen up, I lie down on my bed contemplating whether to call her and inquire about her whereabouts or just leave it.

After debating for 15 mins I decided to go with the latter and slowly find myself drifting off to sleep. The last thought before sleep completely take over me is, was I too quick to form an assumption about her?

***********************************************************

Abigail POV

" Thank you, Ben," I silently say, as he parks the car in front of my parents' house.

This is the place where I wanted to be, where I will get all my answers.

" You don't need to thank me," He slightly shakes his head, then he places his hand on mine, " I don't know what is true or not, but what I know is that...you are one of the strongest people I have known and nothing can break you so easily."

" I am not invincible, Ben... it's just that I don't have any other choice other than being strong," I purse my lips and cast my gaze downward.

" In life, you have two options first, let the difficulties destroy you or second, overcome those difficulties and emerge as a new strong person," He raises an eyebrow and smiles at me, "and Abigail whom I know, will always choose the second option."

I nod my head and corner of my mouth lifts in a genuine smile.

"Abigail..." He stops me from opening the door.

" Nathan can't do that..." He trails off.

I look at him questioningly.

" I don't know him well, but he seems a good person and he can't humiliate you," when I didn't reply, he continues," You both have a strained relationship and I am sure you both can work on it."

Only if he knew there is not much left to work. We both are under the burden of this relation.

" It's getting late I should go now. We will catch up again soon."

With that, I get outside his car and walk towards the gate. Once I reach there I wave him goodbye and get inside.

**********************************************************************

" Dad," as soon as I see my dad, I again break down.

" What's the matter, Abby?" He quickly comes and embrace me in a tight hug.

I cry harder, he rubs my back still holding me tightly and guides me towards the living room.

" What happened? You are scaring me now," His voice laced with concern.

" Why you got me married to Nathan?" I ask him between sobs.

He furrowed his eyebrows, trying to understand sudden my question, "Every parent wants what is best for their child, I also thought the same."

He thought Nathan was best for me?!

"Dad, I never wanted to marry someone who is best... I wanted to marry someone who loved and cared for me..." inhaling a shuddering breath I close my eyes, " I wanted someone who might be imperfect for the world, yet he would be perfect for me."

I glance back at my dad with tear-filled eyes, who slightly looks guilty.

I swallow and hold Dad's hand and make him look into my eyes," Did you force Nathan to marry me by offering to help him financially? due to that incident."

The question takes him by surprise as his eyebrows shoot up.

" What? No!" He looks appalled," I would never do something like that."

He grabs my shoulders," How many time do I have to tell you that incident was not your fault?"

I ignore him and look at another side," Did you help him financially?"

" Yes, but it had nothing to do with your marriage."

" Nathan had a great potential to be a good businessman, which he proved, and when Richard discussed Nathan's business plan with me I agreed to venture into it," He gently pats my head," I didn't even know Richard wanted to get you both married at that time."

" But why you accepted Richard's proposal?" I croak out.

He seems like he is lost in deep thought, then he speaks," When Hannah was around two years old, I met Richard for the first time at a business conference. Soon we got along and decided to start doing business with each other. "

He glances at me and I nod at him to continue while wiping the tears from my under eyes.

" You are aware we make more enemies than friends in the business," he rubs is his face with both hands and leans back on the sofa, " One of my rivals, thought to take business animosity on a personal level."

He closes his eyes and sighs heavily as if he is remembering something painful. I gently rub his arm to let him know I am there for him, he gives me a small smile.

" Richard saved your mother's life, by risking his own. If it weren't for him your mother would have been dead," He pinches the bridge of his nose.

" I am forever indebted of him, he saved your mother, my life," He says looking downward, his cheeks slightly pink.

My dad would never say it aloud that how much he loves my mom, but it is not a secret, she means the world to him.

" For the first time, he asked me anything and honestly, I was more than happy that you would become the part of his family," He puts his arm around my shoulder, " I thought if Nathan is anything like Richard, then I am making the right decision by giving your hand to him."

" But I guess, I was wrong."

Sadness evident in his voice and eyes, by seeing him hurt I feel somebody is squeezing my heart. Nothing can be more painful than seeing your parents sad because of you.

I wrap my arms around him," Dad, you the are the best dad in the world and I love you and mom more than anything. I always trust you and your decisions, I know you will always think in my best interest."

He nods but still looks distressed.

" Dad, I am fine...I will be fine," I whisper, " as long as I have you and mom with me, I don't need anything else, I just want you to be happy."

"And we want you to be happy," He says in a determined tone, "I will make sure of it."

" My Daddy, My Hero," I say giving him a cheeky grin, which makes him laugh.

"Ok, now go to bed it is quite late, your mom will be so delighted to see you in the morning," He kisses my head.

" Good night, dad."

"Good night, Abby."

As I retreat to my old room, I am engulfed in familiar surroundings, making me realize no matter how much my life changes, but this place will always remain my safe haven.

*********************************************************************

Thank you for reading. If you like this chapter then, please don't forget to vote, comment, or share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 640 27
First book of the 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 "𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲" What will happen when two souls who hates one another are asked to be Together Forever? 𝗜𝘀�...
152K 8.8K 29
A Yizhan fiction... Containing angst to a limit till it becomes limitless... Mentally as well as physically prepare yourself before reading this...
2.8M 125K 65
[Billionaire / Fake Relationship] The last thing Livy expects is to fall for Logan, the hot but damaged billionaire who wants to help her pay for her...
3.6M 33K 11
FULL NOVEL AVAILABLE ON PAPERBACK. https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B098RNSG6V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_i_D92ENW1ETWBPD5QJDP6B (Link in bio) ☆☆☆ Allison Presco...