It's Complicated ✔️

By ambivertreader

They are married, but not a couple. . . They are Husband and Wife, but complete strangers. . . What will happ... More

Author's note
🚨IMPORTANT NOTE❗
Prologue
Chapter 1: Unusual Married Life
Chapter 2: Business deal
Chapter 3: Bestie Therapy
Chapter 4: From Happy to Frustrated
Chapter 5: One Week, Three Meetings
Chapter 6: It's A Deal
Chapter 7: Knights are for princesses
Chapter 8: Nathan's house, not my home.
Chapter 9: You don't like her, because you don't know her!
Chapter 10: Mr.Grey is Mr.Knight's role model
Chapter 11: Change Of Behavior
Chapter: 13 Reunion Part 2
Chapter: 14 How dare you touch her?
Chapter: 15 Secret Admirer
Chapter: 16 My Boyfriend?
Chapter: 17 Agonizing Memory
Chapter: 18 A New Day
Chapter: 19 Bodyguard
Chapter: 20 Cutie Pie
First Award :)
Chapter: 21 Mrs.Nathan Knight
Chapter: 22 Speechless
Chapter: 23 Bonded By Vows
Chapter: 24 Giant Nanny
Chapter: 25 I've got you
Chapter: 26 I Am Too Good For You
Chapter: 27 First Kiss
Chapter: 28 Acting Differently
Chapter: 29 Your Girlfriend
Author's Note
Chapter: 30 Get Out!
Chapter: 31 My Dead Relationship
Chapter:32 Take Me Away
Chapter: 33 She Left Me
Chapter: 34 She Knows Everything
Chapter: 35 Owen Is Dead
Chapter: 36 Shoot That Bastard
Chapter: 37 You Lost Her Trust
Chapter: 38 They Are Here
Chapter:39 This Is It
Chapter:40 Don't Leave Me
Chapter: 41 Do not die!
Chapter: 42 I Miss You
Chapter: 43 Fifty Shades Of Grey
Chapter: 44 I Have Changed
Chapter:45 We Aim To Please
Chapter: 46 Goodbye
Chapter: 47 Abigail Loved Me
Chapter: 48 Hope and Determination
Chapter: 49 Little Progress
Chapter: 50 Just Ogling You
Chapter: 51 Are you possessed?
Chapter: 52 My Stupidity
Chapter: 53 Feelings Are Imperishable
Chapter: 54 Pure
Chapter: 55 I Love You
Chapter: 56 Queen
Chapter: 57 Trial And Error
Chapter: 58 Valentine's Day
Chapter: 59 I Am Happy
Chapter: 60 Fear
Chapter: 61 I Am Here
Chapter: 62 My Family
Chapter: 63 You Are Bothering Me
Chapter: 64 The Ring
Chapter: 65 Playroom
Chapter: 66 He Is Mine
Chapter: 67 Hash Brownies
Chapter: 68 Our Future
Chapter: 69 My Favorite Cupcake
Chapter: 70 Daddy's Pride
Chapter: 71 I Vow
Epilogue
Thank You!
Special Bonus Chapter: I never trouble her.
Bonus Chapter:1 Kisses
Bonus Chapter:2 Second Home
Bonus Chapter:3 Little Secret
Bonus Chapter:4 Part Of You
Bonus Chapter:5 Baby Mama
One Million Reads!!!
Bonus Chapter:6 Memories
Nominated For Fiction Awards 2019
Fiction Awards 2019
Bonus Chapter:7 You are just jealous.
Bonus Chapter:8 The Shopping
Bonus Chapter: 9 My Abigail
Something Extra
Bonus Chapter: 10 It's Time
Bonus Chapter: 11 Being A Dad
Bonus Chapter: 12 My cute little, Pooper
It's Complicated is now on Inkitt, too.
Bonus Chapter: 13 Pajama Party
Bonus Chapter: 14 I Told You So
Bonus Chapter: 15 Bloody vultures!
Bonus Chapter: 16 Lil Gentleman
New Announcement!
New Story Is Up!
🎊Celebrations Time!🎊
Please Read!
Announcement
It All Started With I Do (New Story)

Chapter 12: Reunion Part 1

90.2K 3.1K 164
By ambivertreader

This chapter is dedicated to Distinctive-. Thank you for supporting this story. 😊

***************************************************************   

Nathan clears his throat to gain my attention.

"Shall we?" He motions towards the front door, as I look up from the phone.

I nod and follow him.

When we reach his car he opens the passenger door for me, I slide into the seat. After a moment he gets into the driver seat. I feel like there is something bothering him, I consider to ask him but then drop the idea. Because I don't know how he will react and maybe he will think that I have some kind of hidden motive. He is sort of a twisted person.

He drove the car in silence, while I welcome this silence as there is nothing we can talk about. The car comes to halt at the red light, I see from my peripheral vision he slightly turns his head in my direction.

"Abigail... I..um..." He hesitates for a moment and then continues, "I want to apologize for the other day..." he trails off.

My head snaps in his direction, this is the last thing which I expected from him. 

"I shouldn't have said you those things," he says.

" I don't know what to say," I shrug," I guess, it's ok." 

Although it's not ok, at all. How can someone be ok, with being called 'a waste of time'? 

His gaze lingers at me for some time, then he looks back at the front and puts the car into gear as red turns into green light.

He drives the car in silence, I keep thinking even though his behavior seems genuine but why does my mind is not completely convinced. Why do I feel there's a reason behind this change in his demeanor. 

Almost after half an hour of silence, he speaks, as he pulls into a driveway of the gated house, " There might be some more people other than my friends. I didn't know about that earlier if I'd know I would have never brought you here. "

" You could have told me the moment you knew about it. However, it is still not late, I'll just go back." 

"No, you don't need to go back," He quickly says.

"It's just that I don't know them very well so, I am not comfortable introducing you to them," he shakes his head, his voice sounds exasperated.

He still hasn't turned the engine off, even we have reached the house. It's like he just realized this and debating whether to stay or leave.

" Nathan it's fine if you don't want me to come,"  I check my phone, as I continue, " I'll just call a cab and go home."

My hand reaches for the door handle to open the door, when he says," No let's go inside."

He kills the engine, as I stepped outside the car. I take a moment to look at the beautiful house in front of me. It's kind of house which is perfect for a family. There is a wide lawn, in front of the big white color house, with a marble fountain in the middle. My eyes move to the corner where I can see an artificial waterfall and a small pond surround by different colorful flowers and plants. It is simply so beautiful and calming that I find myself relaxed. Effects nature and water can have on you.

I sense Nathan standing beside me. I tear my gaze from the calming view to him. He is patiently waiting for me, then he starts walking towards the front steps of the house I silently follow him he knocks the door after a minute or two it opens revealing a very attractive looking woman, in mid-twenties. 

"Nathan! I am so happy you came," She smiles widely at him and hugged him.

Nathan returned her smile, looking genuinely happy to see her. Then she saw me standing beside him as she releases him from the hug.

" You must be Abigail?" She asks me, smile never leaving her face.

I nod my head and find myself smiling too." Yes, and thanks for inviting me to your house."  I give her the wine bottle which I bought with me.

"Hello, My name is Jessica and I am glad that you came." She holds her hand out to me which I willingly shake. She ushered us inside the house, which equally beautiful as it was from outside. The house was the perfect example of a modern house, a white marble flooring along with white walls gives it a pristine look.  To add color to the walls, different abstract art paintings were hanged. She led us into a big room, clearly meant for parties or get-togethers, there was nothing special about this room, one of the walls of the room is floor to ceiling glass window, which is facing to the big pool and on the other side there is a bar. 

"Nathan man! We have been waiting for you." A man with dirty blonde hair and light green eyes says as he approached three of us. He gave Nathan a manly hug, then turned to Jessica and gave her a peck on her lips. 

"Ethan she is Abigail, Abigail he is Ethan my fiance." She introduces us.

" Hello nice to meet you," I put my hand in front of him, he takes my hand instead of shaking he pulls me into a hug.  

I stiffened at his sudden hug-attack. But he didn't notice as he pulls back and places his hand on my shoulders and say," It is so nice to meet you too Abigail." He grins.

" Yeah, I can see that," I take a step back from him, clearly shocked at his enthusiasm.

" Sorry dear, Ethan is a hugger," Jessica says, amused by my response," But he is harmless."

Both of them looks at each other and adoration in their eyes proves that how much they are in love. I can't help but smile at them.

"Abigail!" I hear someone calls me from behind. I turn to see a familiar face, but I couldn't quite make it.

" What a surprise to see you here! Wedding plus one."

Oh...He is Ben, Adam's cousin.  I am grinning from ear to ear, as he walks to me with a lazy smile on his face.

" I never thought I will meet you here," He gives me a side hug.

" Neither do I. But I am so happy to see you again, Ben." 

Ben is not only good looking but a really funny, kind hearted and great person too. We have met during  Adam's and Hannah's wedding and till the end of the wedding, we became good friends. But seeing him here, I feel guilty for not keeping in touch. 

"You both know each other?" Ethan asks looking at both of us.

I noticed Nathan has stopped talking to whomever he is talking and now listening to us intently.

" Yes, she is my friend, who has not bother to stay in touch with me, "Ben mockingly accuses me.

" I never knew we were friends," I say with a straight face.

" You hurt my innocent feelings," Ben put his hand on his heart, feigning hurt.

" If they are your feelings, then they are far from innocent," I counter back, smirking.

Although he never hit on me or something, I know he is a big-time player. He had his own fair share of good nights during the wedding.

" You know me so well and you say we are not friends," He puts his arm loosely around my shoulder.

I sensed people around us looking at us, especially the person on my side leaned a bit closer to me. 

" We sort of know each other from way back," Ben says," When Abigail was a cute little girl." He tries to pinch my cheeks, which I dodged easily. 

" He's just my brother in law's cousin," I glare at him.

" And he is just my friend from work," Ethan says mimicking my tone. Both Ben and Ethan laughs at this. 

Nathan steps from my side and introduces himself to Ben," Hello, I am Nathan Knight."

Ben looks at me then back at Nathan," Benjamin Gallagher," he nods.

 Soon some more people joined us, started talking with each other indicating that they know each other for a long time. But I couldn't help but notice Nathan kept on glancing in my and Ben's direction.  As Ben took my elbow and pulled me away from the group.

" It's so good to see you again," He genuinely says.

"I know your whole face is glowing after meeting me," I joke.

"That means we should meet often."

"Totally."

"You got married?" His question sounds more like a statement.

" Yeah, I did," I sigh eyeing my wedding ring on my hand.

" You don't seem to be happy. Are you happy?" He tilts his head and asks.

"No, I am married," I laugh humorlessly.

Before he could ask me anything, Jessica comes and asks, " Can I steal your long lost friend from you? I want her to meet some of my friends too."

" Sure, you can... I just got so excited meeting her after so long that I just want to keep her to myself," He laughs.

" She's married and her husband might kill you right now if he heard that," Jessica points to Nathan as she jokes.

"As he cares," I roll my eyes and mumble to myself.

Ben glances at Nathan and then back to me with a slight smile on his face. Jessica takes me to meet some other people, some are from her and Ethan's work and some are friends. 

"Abigail, this is Olivia and she's Liam's girlfriend and Olivia, she's Abigail Nathan's wife," She introduces me to a shy and timid girl around my age. Liam is one of hers and Nathan's friend I have met him when we came to the party. 

Nathan's wife these words are foreign to my ears, every time she introduces me to someone I feel like she is making fun of me, which is not the case. She is a nice person and never made me uncomfortable.

" Hi," I greet her back.

" You two talk I'll check on other things," Jessica excuses then goes to the side of the room.

Soon we both started talking and instantly hit off. We were talking like we were some long lost friends, she was really fun to talk with and her observation of people was great. She's like the silent observer, which was very entertaining. 

" Was it love at first sight?" Olivia asks.

"Um...No, it was marriage at first sight," I reply with a low chuckle.

" Wow!" She looks astonished.

It seems like she wanted to say something more, but she dropped it. Her gaze was focused on someone behind me soon strong perfume smell hit my nose and in my mind bitch alert goes off.

**************************************************

Yay!!!! I am soooo happy, "It's Complicated" has crossed 1k reads. I am thankful to each and everyone who read and supported it. 

Especially I would like to thank @AndreaSVessman @purple053 @Gigibold @LivEvansANDJayThomas  for your constant support and encouraging comments. Love you guys.

Please keep showing your love and support in form of votes and comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 134 20
"Stay away from me, don't talk to me except if it is about my son or about something very important. And lastly don't fall in love with me" he said "...
153K 8.8K 29
A Yizhan fiction... Containing angst to a limit till it becomes limitless... Mentally as well as physically prepare yourself before reading this...
12.2K 307 37
All of her life, she thought to marry a romantic man who could take care of her till death and didn't care about wealth that much. A man which she co...
8.6K 373 50
One date. That's what they were told. One date evolves into something. Something neither of them wanted. A grave misunderstanding occurs pushing a ma...