Chapter 114

It was 8:27pm. The girls hung out all day, never went out because since it was Christmas eve the mall would shut early and also it wouldve been terrible. Cheryl sat looking at her text from a mom and dad saying they would be home late tonight or early morning around 4am. She was happy she would see her parents. She sat deciding whether or not to go to Lukes. The girls were right about needing to talk to him. Sighing she stood up and dimmed her lamps and grabbed her keys. She put on her jacket and headed out to her car.

She got to Luke's just before 9. His house looked quiet. The lights were on in his living room, yet a light was on upstairs too. What it looked like his room. She parked her car and got out. She locked the door and opened his gate and walked up his path. She knocked on his door and she stood for a moment before she saw a silhouette from behind the door getting closer and closer till she heard the door unlock. Luke stood there smiling at her. Blink182 vest on with jogging bottoms and socks. His hair quiffed up as usual. He smiled sweetly at her. "Come on in" He nodded moving out the way.

She walked in and he closed the door and turned to her ."Uh...we can sit in the sitting room or in my room?" He shrugged looking at her. "Whatevers fine...as long as its a place to sit" She laughed silently. He put his hands in his jogging bottoms before nodding and heading upstairs. "So no parents?" Cheryl asked following him. "Nope..." He told her as they both entered his room. He had been sitting or lying on his bed, it was creased and his guitar lay on the bed with papers beside it. He chuckled nervously as he folded the papers away and sat down on his bed.

She sat down beside him and sighed. "So...uh...you have fun last night?" Cheryl half smiled. "Fun...? no actually" He nodded at her. "Yeah...you guys going out somewhere" She nodded at him. "Yeah, we deicded to hit a music bar, without the booze!" Luke chuckled. "You meet anyone?" Cheryl blurted out. "No...." He looked at her weirdly. She pouted a little and nodded. "Did i...?" He asked her trailing off. Cheryl shrugged. "I dont know...i wasnt there. However Mikey posted a snapchat to his story...Kassie saw it and it was you and some girl...new girl on the scene?" She looked at him innocently as if it didnt bother her.

Luke shook his head and swore under his breath. "Ugh! he can be such a dick!" Luke gritted his teeth a little. "No. Cheryl, thats not true. There were a few girls there, yeah but Mikey was basically talking to them in a flirty way. The rest of us were just making conversation, it was the way the angle was with the picture...i was, never, nor touched that girl" He looked at her with hope in his eyes. "I was not interested and i didnt do anything" He looked at her. Cheryl bellieved him there and then. He could be lying, but his face told another story. She nodded and put some hair behind her ear. "Okay...i believe you" She smiled at him.

Luke sighed, and sat more closer to her. He took her hand and Cheryl smiled as he rolled both their hands together. She smirked in a way, trying not to grin. Luke laughed silently as he bit his lip ring. He got closer and closer, until finally his lips touched hers. They started kissing, before Cheryl pulled away and rested her forehead against his. Gosh! he was such a good kisser and when she was with him she felt so good, safe. "Im sorry i shouldnt have..." He started before he stopped. "Should i apologize?" He laughed a little. Cheryl laughed with him and shook her head.

"No...but i do want to talk." He nodded pulling away slowly and Cheryl removed her hand from hers. She got his chair and sat it in front of him sitting down. "Okay...." She started. She took a breath and fixed her hair out of her face. Looking down at him she realized he had his dog tags she got him on. Smiling she looked into his eyes. "Im going to be honest...." She told him and he nodded. "....I ....like you...." She told him. His eyes lit up in a way and he grinned. "I like you too..." He nodded. "But...i feel as if i just jump into a kiss right now....and be like...oh your mine, im not gonna like it...or feel good about myself" She laughed a little. She watched as Luke's smile vanished and nodded putting his head down.

"How do you feel?" She asked. He kept his head down. "I like you Chez....and i'm not gonna lie about it anymore. When we started working together in class when we came back after summer....you've been there...on my mind" He told her. Cheryl sat silenced, shocked with his words. "But ive felt as if....if i came to you and told you all of this and more....you would push me away because of the past" He finally looked up at her. Cheryl nodded agreeing. They both sat in silence for a moment. "So.....we both like....eachother?" Cheryl smiled, and watched as Luke chuckled and nodded. "Thats a good start...." She blushed. "I'm not wanting to jump into anything right now....but Luke...i do have that on my mind" She smiled taking his hand.

Looking up at her Luke grinned. He squeezed her hand and sighed with sort of relief. "So....?" He asked a little and Cheryl nodded at him. "Well...i would rather have this than no mutual feelings back" He admitted chuckling making Cheryl laugh a little. He put his hand on her cheek and kisssed her again. He then sat back and nodded. "I'll stop that too" He went a little red making Cheryl laugh. They sat in silence till Luke smiled. "So...you wanna watch a movie?" He asked and Cheryl nodded. "Please" She laughed. "Hope up...i'll pop one in" He winked and Cheryl stood up taking her jacket off and sitting on his bed, back against the wall.