Chapter 27

Jodi and Ashton had been in the car for nearly half an hour. Where they were going? no clue! Jodi was getting a little anxious, who drives for half an hour for a date? was this even a date? oh no, maybe not. he did say hang out after all. Jodi moved around a little in her seat. It was starting to get dark, and she was getting more nervous. Ashton had one hand on the wheel and one on his knee. He was slightly smiling the whole way, and Jodi either thought that every song came on was his favourite or else he was happy to be with her. She hoped the second one.

Soon he drove off the road and into a large car park. It was full but nor was it empty. He parked the car and looked over to her. "Ready?" He grinned. "Where are we?" Jodi asked. "Lets just say i hope you like a competition." He laughed before getting out the car. "Competition?" Jodi repeated softly. Soon her door opened and she turned a little scared to see Ashton standing with one hand out to her. "Coming?" He winked. Jodi blushed and took his hand before stepping out the car. They both headed into the large building all lit up.

The smell of popcorn, burgers and hot dogs filled Jodi's nose. She looked around and saw some games then heard a few bowling pins getting knocked down. Soon excitement stuck her. Her eyes lit up and she turned to a grnning ashton. "You like bowling?" He grinned. "Yeah! but im not that good" She laughed nervously. "Dont worry, i'm expecting to win anyway" He winked.  "Oh okay, now its on!" Jodi frowned at him before laughing. "Come on" He laughed with her putting one arm around her shoulders. 

They got their shoes to change into and they made their way to a lane. "Two player" Ashton smiled pressing the screen to make the game. "Id say all 10 rounds...." He said to himself. Jodi tied her shoes, then stood up. "Okay, lets do this!" SHe smiled rubbing her hands together. Ashton and Jodi played for the ten rounds. Ashton in the lead, then Jodi then ashton again. At one point they were tied. "Okay last ball and to win you need to get a strike" Ashton handed Jodi a ball. "Cool!" She smiled. "Which ive obviously won" He winked. "Dont get so smart" She laughed walking over to the lane.

Throwing her ball down, it flew along the long lane picking up speed as it got further to the pins. It hit every pin except two, she bent down a little with her fingers crossed as the last two shook. One fell, knocking the last one down with it. Jodis eye widned and she turned " Yess!!!!" She cheered with her arms in the air. Ashton;s mouth was open a little shocked. "Ha! and you said you would win!" Jodi mocked Ash. "Okay okay then you win....but ill get ya!" He walked forward towards her. "Oh yeah?" He mocked putting on hand on her hip. "Oh yeah, just you wait he grinned"

"Game over!" Came from the game and they both looked at the screen then Ashston smiled at her. "Lets go" He nodded. "Okay" Jodi agreed. They got their shoes back and walked out the bowling alley. Putting her shoulder purse across her shoulder, taking her hair from the chain she turned to Ashton smiling. "I had fun tonight" She told him. "Had fun?" He looked at her. Jodi nodded up to him. "Oh, its not over yet!" He smiled. "Uhh...its past ten" Jodi told him. "And....?" He asked. "Well, everywhere will be closing soon" She told him "Not where we're going" He smirked and he walked to his car. Jodi followed smiling.