Chapter 14

A few minutes till the bell in the last class of the day everyone was packing up in geography. Cheryl grabbed her bag up from the floor and looked up to see Luke standing put his book in his bag. He swung his bag over his shoulder and plopped his folder under his arm like before english. He turned to Cheryl. Shit! Busted! Cheryl quickly put her head down and stood up zipping up her bag. The bell rang and everyone ran out.

"Come on, lets go" Kassie smiled linking arms with Cheryl. Cheryl looked up and saw Mrs Murry looking at her smiling. Perfect(!) she thought she was getting out of it. "Uh, she wants to see me" Cheryl whispered slighty. "Why?" Kassie turned to her. "I dont know." She shrugged. "Oh okay, ill wait." Kassie smiled "Its fine just wait for me with the girls out at the doors." "You sure?" Kassie asked and saw Cheryl nod. "Okay then. Dont be long" She smiled before walking off and left Cheryl in the empty classroom with only herself, the teacher and Luke.

Cheryl was so caught up that she didnt see Luke still standing at his table in front of her. Cheryl quickly walked over to Mrs Murry's desk and Luke followed. "So guys, have you got anything yet?" She clasped her hands together. Cheryl looked over at Luke from the side of her eye and shook her head. "Not really..." She started. "Oh, well will you guys have something for the next time i'll see you, Friday?" Mrs Murry smiled. "Uh...i dont..." Cheryl began but Luke butted in. "Yeah, we'll try our best" Luke slightly smiled. "Oh great! well see you both on friday!" She smiled.

Luke turned and headed out the door. Cheryl glanced up at Mrs Murry and smiled before following him out. "Uh, why did you lie?" Cheryl asked Luke out in the corridor. He turned and shook his head. "Lie? i didnt lie" He told her. "Yeah, you said that we would have something planned when we wont" She told him gripping onto her bag strap. "Well, considering we will...." He chewed on his lip ring. Cheryl had a funny feeling. "...But we wont...and that'll give me a bad name if we keep lying" Cheryl looking up at him.

Luke walked towards Cheryl and looked down at her, Cheryl tightened the grip on her bag and she took a silent deep breath. "We'll have something okay! it doesnt have to be planned, as long as we have an idea." "We will never have an idea!" Cheryl widned her eyes knowing that Luke would never participate. "Just leave it to me" Luke spoke.

Just then Michael and Calum came around the corner. "There you are dude!" Calum spoke. Cheryl suddenly broke eye contact with Luke and stared at the floor. "Ashton is outside with the gi...." Calum stopped speaking after seeing Cheryl. "ooh, whats going on?" Michael cooed. "Nothing" Cheryl spoke quickly. "You sure about that?" Michael egged on.. "Nothing" Luke repeated. "Does someone have a crush on L..." Michael began before getting cut off by Luke turning to him. "It nothing! okay! get over it!" Luke snapped before walking away. 

The boys quickly followed leaving Cheryl standing alone in the empty corridor watch them walking away.