Chapter 128

When you're in high school, and the dreams, or the possibility of soon becoming seniors and moving on to college is sometimes a distant memory. You're freshman, have classes, have friends, have crushes, maybe even a relationship. It doesnt hit you, that your leaving home to a new city to go to college for your future, until its time to leave. This happens in an instant, and can be scary...but thats what happens, you have to take charge and live your own life. First, making it through school.

Graduation day:

As the seniors stared down at the large audience of family and friends from the stage in their red gowns and hats, some of their stomach's turned. Nerves, sadness, anything that made graduating high school a scary thing. They were seperated into their class groups which made Cheryl, Kassie, Calum in a group. Luke and Michael together which left Jodi and Jenn. They all smiled, bowed slightly and sat down in the seats which made long rows on the stage.

Cheryl spotted her parents next to Lukes. That made her nervous, she turned to see Kassie grinning at her. Nothing could scare Kassie...well...sort of. Kassie leaned in whispered to Cheryl. "My mom was talking to Mikey's parents" She rolled her eyes. "Is that a good or bad thing?" Cheryl smiled at her. Shrugging Kassie sighed. "I dont know..." Cheryl gave her a look. "What are you guys going to do...?" Shrugging again Kassie shook her head. It had to be sorted before leaving. For crying out loud Kassie was going all the way to Brooklyn!

Nodding, as if she knew Cheryl smiled at her. Soon the ceremony started and their head of year spoke from a stand, before their head teacher. They all walked up, one by one to collect their "prize" certificate and possibly making a speach if you wanted. Kassie took her's and turned to the crowd before making a peace sign. "Thanks for having me!" She then giggled and walked off leaving Cheryl to go next. She covered her mouth and laughed. Kassie was always the same. She collected her things and smiled and shook hands with her head teacher and head of year. "Thank you" She quietly spoke nodding at them.

Turning to walk back to her seat she passed Mikey and Luke. Mikey held up his hand and she high fived him. Luke winked at her holding his hand out. She smiled taking it as she walked past before getting pulled back by him and being stunned by his lips on hers. Heat flowed from her cheeks, as the colour impacted. He pulled away and smiled at her. "Proud of ya" He told her. She swallowed hard but her mouth was dry. He wasnt like this...yet she kinda liked it. She nodded at him. "Proud of you too" SHe smiled as she quickly walked to her seat again, recieving stares, gaspes, giggles from awkard students.

She covered her face as she sat back down next to Kassie. "Ha, omg that was awesome!" Kassie laughed. "Shush you!" Cheryl felt her red cheeks. She turned to see Jodi and Jenn laughed holding their thumbs up. This couldnt get any worse, she didnt even want to look at her parents in the crowd.

After sitting through a 2 hour long ceremony they were allowed to leave. Cheryl saw her mom and dad waving so she walked down from the stage and made her way over to them. "Ahh, honey im so proud of you!" Her mom cheered pulling her in for a hug with tears in her eyes. "Aww, thanks mom!" Cheryl smiled up at her dad as she pulled in her moms arms. Her dad shrugged and laughed. "Ive used up all of my tissues for her" He sighed. "Mom, theres nothing to cry about!" Cheryl giggled. "Im just so happy!" Her mom sniffed. "You dont have to cry when your happy" She told her. "I can!" Her mom defended. 

After a few minutes some put their hands in front of Cheryl's eyes as she gasped slightly. She could see again seconds later and turned to see Luke. Shit. "Oh Hi!" She cheered. "Hello" He nodded a little awkwardly. "Mom, dad this is....Luke" She smiled. "Oh yes....Luke...How are you son?" Her mom grinned. "Oh, doing great thank you" Luke smiled. Cheryl looked at her dad who was looking at Luke. She cleared her throat and her dad held his hand out. "Yes Luke, i remember now" He soon smiled which made Cheryl sigh of relief.

"Anyway so..." Cheryl looked at her parents. "I'll be back in a minute! love you....oh hold this!" She giggled handing her stuff to her mom. She quickly took Luke's hand and he smiled walking off with her. "Whats up?" She asked. He shook his head heading up to everyone else. Soon seeing the guys she looked up at him. "Mikey was wondering if we all wanted to have a...low key party at the garage tonight?" Luke smiled down at her. "Oh...sure. why not?" She told her. "Awesome!" He cheered as they got to them.

"Hey there!" Kassie cheered, an arm around Mikey. "So heard from a little Hemming bird...we're having a get together?" SHe smiled at Michael. "Oh, i like that! haha! yeah. At the garage, you in?" He raised an eyebrow and Luke wrapped his arms around Cheryl's waist and leaning his head on her shoulder. "Course im in!" SHe laughed and they cheered. "Yay, thats our girl!" Jenn laughed.