Chapter 98

It was now lunch time. Cheryl was walking to her locker from maths. Rolling her eyes she put her maths folder into her locker and sighed. Luke had been MIA nearly all day! As much as she was getting worried, she was getting annoyed with him. She couldnt believe there was a rumour going around about her...and such a childish one! she was glad that Jodi believed her. She just hoped Luke didnt either.

She closed her Locket and headed outside with her bag. She walked past her english class, then Lukes...looking in the empty class she sighed. She walked down the corridor and somone grabbed her arm pulling her to the side. She froze and got a fright. Someone pulled her into the corner under the stairs from the main door. She gasped and looked up to see Luke staring at her. "Luke!" She smiled a little. "Why did you do that?! you crazy!" She slapped his arm. Luke shook his head. "Sorry" He shrugged.

"That all?" She widened her eyes. "You've been missing from my life the past week and half of today! what is going on?" She asked getting straight to the point. She watched as Luke put his head down. "I thought you'd be busy" He told her. "With what?" She questioned. "With this 'Guy'?" She flexed her two fingers sarcastically to invert commas. Luke looked up from the ground. He nodded a little which made Cheryl sigh. "Luke....there is no guy! okay...theres a rumour going around about me! im not happy about it...and well...not hearing from you made me feel worse" She admitted.

Luke raised his eyebrows listening to her. "You were silent with me all week and becuase you wouldnt answer me it made me feel like shit! i was constantly worrying thinking that some ass had started something about me...thats true now, but....why?" She asked. "Why?" Luke repeated. "Well I...consdering we were talking at the party and when we went off to find Ash...a heard people talking saying you had left before you'd had a bust up with Jodi." He told her. Cheryl shook her head. "No. Jodi and Kassie left way before me and Jenn." She told him.

"Well when i left to find Ash...apprently you did and you were making out on the stairs..." He told her. Cheryl's mouth dropped open. "Your kidding right?" She scoffed. "No! i didnt! we didnt! oh....I found Ash and he poured his heart out to me" She told him. "Then you kissed?" He asked. "No!! well....he did peck me on the cheek...BECAUSE! it was the booze and also he said i was like his sister, but..." She was interrupted with Luke scoffing and shrugging as if he didnt believe her. "Luke im being serious here! im telling the truth! He told me he loved Jodi! he was a mess, he was crying and everything!! why would i kiss Ashton?! do that you my best friend? do that to everyone? myself?"

She stopped talking and sighed sadly. "To you?" She looked at him. "Why wouldnt you?" Luke mumbled. "What?" Cheryl asked. "I'm just saying y'know...." He spoke but cheryl stopped him by raising her hand. "Hold up....! are you calling me a liar...or are you calling me a cheat?" She asked him. "NO! i didnt mean it like that!" Luke suddenly spoke  touching her arm. "What i meant was....i thought that,...." "Thought what?" Cheryl stopped him. "Thought i was this....bitch slut who made out with my best friends boyfriend on the stairs on someones house?! ....that i just went around kissing any guy i can get with?" She widened her eyes but tears stung the back of them.

"Because thats right....i kiss dudes and they leave...you would know right?" She told him bringing back the memory of LA. He looked at her in a sorry way and shook his head. "Chez, i didnt mean that! of course your not...." He shrugged. "Yeah...welll.....now i know how you react to made up things but childish pricks around the school. I thought you...maybe you would understand and have my back" She told him. "But....i dont think so!" She shook her head. Luke took her hand "Cheryl?!" He prompt. Cheryl took her hand back and shook her head.

"Thanks....for making me feel like i'm some backstabbing bitch" She sniffed before walking off. She couldnt believe Luke thought she would do such a thing! Why him? Tears escaped her eyes and ran down her cheeks. "Cheryl wait!" She heard Luke shout behind her. She quickly ran into the girls bathroom and into a cubicle slamming the door shut and locking it. She sat on the closed toilet and wiped her eyes.