Chapter 34

Mrs Murry was talking to Cheryl and Luke about the project. "Yeah we got an idea. Its just discovering the world as one...." Cheryl mumbled. "Oh okay....i like it, it sounds good. Well done i knew i could count on you both." Mrs Murry grinned. "So...uh, pairing up? discussing ideas? planning?" She smiled nodding at them both. "No, we wont be. its a class project" Cheryl told her. Luke looked at Cheryl "...lets just go for that" Cheryl nodded continuing. "Oh okay...well i love the idea. Well done. See you both tomorrow" She smiled.

Cheryl walked right past Luke and out the class. Picking up her speed someone took her arm softly. Stopping in her tracks she turned. Luke was staring at her. "What?" She looked up at him. "Why did you....i mean...the pairing...." Luke stuttered a little. "Uh, Luke why do you care?! you treated me like shit all day! and you expect me to forget about that and pair up with you?"

"No, its just...."

"Just what? im not a bit of dirt, i have feelings Luke! i dont like it when you snap at me for no reason!" Her voiced was slightly raised but it started to get lower and quieter. "You were fine on saturday, and last night...then today you just...you were an ass..." She sighed as if she gave up trying to tell him. Luke nibbled slightly on his lip ring nodding slowly. "I know i was a dick! no an ass, a total dick! but i was just pissed off. i was getting shit from someone and....im sorry." Luke looked into her eyes. He got closer to her.

Cheryl stood looking up at him and she held into her bag strap. She sighed and nodded. "I think i know who it was anyway..." She told him. "I'm sorry too, im not that bitch in there....im a nice person" She laughed softly. "I know you are..." Luke chuckled. "By the way...." Luke started. "I kinda, broke that kit i got." "What?" Cheryl laughed making Luke laugh. "How can you brake it?" "No clue! but the paints broke in half and maybe it was the force from the ground..."

"Why was it on the ground?" Cheryl laughed covering her mouth. "It wasnt it accdently fell off my shelf...honest!" He laughed with her. Cheryl shook her head. "What are you like?!" She giggled. "I know..im terrible" He told her. "Your not terrible...your just...clumsy" She smiled. They both smiled at each other. "So i have to pay out another $20 for another...." He nodded.

"Well....i do have muliply ones from years before. My one from last year is still in good condition." Cheryl told him. "So why do you buy new ones?" He asked. "Its a new year, new equipment...call me a nerd i'll deck you" Cheryl giggled rasing her eyebrows. "Woah, okay" Luke nodded. "I can give you mine?" She asked him. "Really? that would be awesome!" He admitted to her. "Great...well we have art tomorrow so...." She looked around the empty corridor.

"What....what are you doing now?" She asked him bravely. "Honestly? nothing. Going home and....nothin" He moved his folder under his arm around a little nervously. "Do you want to get it?" Cheryl asked. Luke looked around then nodded. "Yeah, that'd be great" He nodded. "Okay....so...im afraid i walk home from school" She smiled. "Thats fine" He smiled showing his teeth. The both walked out the school to find everyone waiting on them.