Chapter 68

Cheryl walked into her room and Luke stood alarmed. "Its okay, only me!" Cheryl spoke quietly laughing slightly. Luke chuckled. "So, what did you say?" He asked. "Nothing, we're getting outta here. I told my mom that i'm going out with the girls." She put her camera down and grabbed some clothes. "Where did you get that?" Luke asked walking over to her camera. "Mom and dad got me it. To do with my art" Cheryl grinned. "Be right back, then we can head to your?" She smiled asking. Luke griined and nodded. "Sure! but what if your mom comes in?" He asked looking at Cheryl's bedroom door. "She wont, she always knocks anyway and if she knocks just stay silent. She'll think im in the bathroom...which i am" She giggled before walking into the bathroom closing the door.

Once Cheryl got dressed into a long sleeved top and jeans, she left the bathroom and grabbed some loose change from her dresser. She smiled at Luke as she picked up her camera, she put it round her neck and grabbed her jacket. "Lets go" She whispered openeing her room door. She walked behind Luke pushing him forward and down the stairs slowly. "Okay mom, i;m gonna go meet the girls...see ya later!" She hopped down the stairs and Luke opened the front door. "Okay sweetie, well i'll see ya la...." "Yeah bye!" Cheryl shouted before pushing Luke out the door and running our after him

They got outside and Luke laughed taking Cheryl's hand and running out the gate. "You dont think my mom knew?" Cheryl laughed. "I dont know, my ill tell ya...first time sneaking around, full of adrenaline!" Luke laughed. "Yeah, well considering nothing happened!" Cheryl made a face. "I know!" Luke smirked. They walked to the bus stop and stood. It was damp, not raining and a little windy. "Ugh i feel bad." Cheryl told him "Your standing with just a shirt on, no jacket." Luke shook his head. "Its fine, the bus is coming" He smiled.

Cheryl looked and saw a number bus. "Oh, okay. You dont exactly live far away from me!" She told him suprised. "I know, just realised that!" Luke smirked. They got on the bus and sat down on their way to Luke's place.

Once they got off a the bus stop, they walked for 10 minutes till they finally reached Luke's house. He opened the door and turned to Chery. "Mom's home" He made a face. As soon as they walked inside they heard his mom shout. "Luke is that you?!" Luke sighed. "Yeah, mom! Sorry i was with at Mikeys place last night" He lied and his mom appeared. "Well, a phone call....oh hello!" She smiled once she saw Cheryl. "Yeah, bumped into Cheryl, we're gonna get coffee so i brought her here till i got ready" He smiled. "Hello" Cheryl smiled politley. "Oh so this is Chez?" His mom rolled her lips together smiling. "Nice to finallly meet you honey!" She walked over to her.

She gave her a little hug. "Mom, not now" Luke made a face. "Im not saying anything!" His mom smirked. "Come on in" His mom took her into the living room. She sat down on the sofa next to her and smiled. "So, i hear it was your birthday yesterday?" She asked. "Oh yeah..." Cheryl laughed a little nervously. "You get spoiled being 18?" His mom laughed. "Oh, not really. I just got this today" Cheryl looked at her camera. "Oh yeah! Luke was telling me your artistic" She smiled. "Oh, well  yeah i do like art" Cheryl nodded. "Sorry sweetie! i'm Liz!" She smiled puttng out her hand. "Its nice to meet you" Cheryl nodded.

They shook hands and they spoke for a while. Cheryl had a glass of lemonade with ice and a sliced lemon. She was having a good time talking to Liz, she was so nice. Soon Luke put his head round the door. He had a snapback on and he smiled at Cheryl. "Ready to go Chez?" He asked. Cheryl and Liz looked at each other and Cheryl swallowed her drink. "I havent finished my glass yet!" Cheryl smiled at Liz. "Oh mom, not the homemade lemonade!" He closed his eyes putting his head against the door frame. Liz and Cheryl giggled. "Homemade?! this is lovely Liz!" Cheryl said taking more sips. She looked over at a smirking Luke and laughed. "Well it was lovely, to meet you. Also the lemonade is lovely!" Cheryl smiled standing

"Oh its great to finally meet you Cheryl! dont be a stranger!" She smiled hugging her. "Oh dont worry, especially with this lemonade!" Cheryl giggled making Liz laugh. She walked out the door following Luke. "See you later mom!" He kissed her cheek and then left his house with Cheryl.