Chapter 49

It was nearly 5 in the morning. Cheryl sat on a big yet flat rock on the beach. It was close to the water but not near it. She sat with her arms in the hoodies, and the hood up. She had one leg up hugging it into her chest as she watched the water come and go. She sat thinking, this was awesome. She needed to get away and think. Away from school for a changed, away from stressing over homework, and she liked the company. Staying home all the time because of parents working isnt as exciting as its thought out to be. Its lonely.

She had one foot down playing with the sand. "You okay?" A deep voice spoke making her jump. "Oh!" She put her hand to her heart looking behind her. Luke stood smiling with his other hoodie on. "Gosh, Luke...you scared me!" She sighed getting a breath back. "Sorry" He chuckled. "Did i wake you?" She asked him. "No. i woke up and decided to check my phone. When i sae you werent there i got kinda worried....but i looked out the car window to see you down here" She heard the smile in his voice. "Yeah, i couldnt sleep." Cheryl shook her head looking out to the water.

"Do you mind?" He asked smiling. "Not at all." Cheryl shook her head moving along the large rock making a space for Luke to sit down. He had his hoodie zipped half way up, his hood up and hand in his pockets. "This is awesome isnt it?" Luke smiled. "Yeah it is." She smiled  back at him. "We need to do it again sometime." He looked at her. "Yeah....its nice to have company around at night." She stared a head. "Huh?" Luke asked a little confused. "Oh, its uh...just my parents work a lot! so im like always home alone...alone at night too...." She snapped back into reality.

She looked at a suprised Luke with his eyebrows raised. "It may sound cool, but its not....it gets lonely." She sighed looking away from him. "Oh im sorry." Luke apologised. "You dont have to apologise for anything" She smiled at him. "I'm glad i could help today y'know. It wouldnt be the same here if you couldnt have come" Luke told her breaking the small silence. "Well, im glad as much as suprised that you could come up with something to tell my mom" Cheryl giggled. "Also what a meeting of parents!" She looked at him. "Your dad seemed....coool." He nodded

Cheryl laughed silently. "My dad is a total soft sweetheart! honest. Its just...I'm his youngest 17 year old who was gonna leave with a boy" She laughed. "It was the same when my sister started dating, hes just protective" She told him. "Oh cool, so he wont punch me?" He laughed nudging her. "No! dont be silly! my dad wouldnt even hurt a fly" She scoffed at him. 

"Los Angeles...is beautiful....even at night!" Cheryl grinned. "I want to live here...well, i do want to travel" She told Luke. "What about you?" She turned to him. "Oh..i want to travel...but i want to play at shows, with the guys." He told her. "Do you guys want to become a known band?" She asked. "Ah...." Luke opened his mouth to speak then closed it and nodded with hope in his eyes. "Well, im going to be honest....i would totally sign you guys" Cheryl admitted to him. "You guys are seriosly awesome and talent...never mind totally cute. The girls will go crazy for ya'll"

"Well, we kind of already have girls" Luke chuckled. "Yeah...well you..." She began but stopped. What was he getting at? "Hmm?" He asked raising his eyebrows. "Nothing" She quickly said looking away and blushing a little.