Chapter 50

Luke and Cheryl sat for a while on the sand agaisnt the rock. They played around with the sand and laughed. It was nearly 6 now, and the sky near the sea was beginning to go orange. "Do you think we'll see the sun come up?" Luke asked running his hands through the sand. "Maybe? i think it'll look pretty" Cheryl told him drawing lines. "That'll be cooool" He nodded pouting a little. Cheryl looked at him as he bit his lip ring again.

"Can i ask a question?" She asked him. "Yeah...." He smiled looking up. "Why....well...when did this happen?" She pointed to him then to her own lip. "Oh the...ring?" He asked grinning. "Yeah...last year you didnt have it, its made you look different....in a good way! but why?" She asked him. Luke shrugged a little them smiled at her. "I just wanted a change...i liked this, so i got it done. Looks cool right?" He asked her. "Yeah, it looks awesome. It suits you, i just...wanted to know" She smiled at him. "Well, Mikey got a few tattoos and so did Ash so...." He told her.

"Really?! i never noiced Ash...but yeah, i saw Mikeys." She nodded. "He's uh...also dyed his hair crazy!" Cheryl made a face making Luke laugh. "Yeah, yeah he did" He nodded. "I like this look..." She pointed to him. "Like, last year you looked young. Like ith your longer hair and no lip ring, now your hair is all quiffed up with a lip piercing" She giggled. "You look more grown up!" She blushed.

"You've...changed too" Luke told her "How so?" She quickly asked him. "I dont know...you just...your hairs grown, you wear glasses in your classes now...." He went silent. "Is that all?!" Cheryl laughed. "You wear more makeup?" He practically asked. "What?! what has that got to do with anything?" She laughed even more! "I dont know!" Luke laughed with her. Cheryl stopped laughing and sighed as she flattened out her sand and shaking her hands off. Luke sat beside her more. "I'm not saying that you have over summer but...." "But...? what?" Cheryl asked nervous.

"Your...a pretty girl Cheryl" Luke smiled at her. Okay, now she was embarassed. Her cheeks went brighter than a tomato. "What?" She blushed. "I'm not saying you;ve got prettier over the summer....because that would be a lie...you;ve always been pretty...your just expressing it more" He smiled at her. It looked like he was also blushing a little too. "Oh. Well, thank you Luke" She smiled. She looked out into the sea and saw the orange sky get a little brighter. "I think we will see the sun rise" She smiled a little excited. "Chez?" He asked quietly. The way he said her name...she would only like close friends or family call her that, but he seemed so...normal with it. She turned to him blushing.

"I really like...spending time with you. I'm sorry for being a total prick before...." She shook his head. "Dont...." Cheryl told him. "Dont apologise. I've accepted your apology and already agreed with you being an ass!" She giggled making Luke chuckle. "Yeah...!" He smiiled. They both stared at each other for a moment then Chery looked away. "Chez?" He asked again. "Mmm?" She turned slightly. "Would you mind if....i just done something reckless right now?" He asked. She giggled and turned. "Oh, reckless? okay, what?" She waited for him to jump up and run into the water or something, but no. He got closer to her face, and she froze. What was he doing? Her heart started beating faster and she got nervous and shy.

Luke smiled at he put his forehead agaisnt hers. He put his head down slightly brushing his lips down the tip of her nose and onto her lips. Cheryl sat frozen, not knowing what to do. Luke Hemmings was kissing her! He put more pressure into the kiss and Cheryl kissed him back. His lip ring leaning agaisnt her lip. Somehow, it felt right. He held her cheek and they sat for a minute. Soon it was over and Luke pulled away. Cheryl bit her lip. "Sorry...im...I shouldnt have done that." He quickly spoke clearing his throat. "No its fine...honest!" Cheryl smiled at him. Luke shook her head then scratched the back of his neck laughing nervously. "Sorry" He spoke again. "Luke! dont say sorry. theres nothing to apologise for, i...liked it." She smiled putting her hand on top of his.

Smiling a little Luke moved his hand and just sat staring into the distance. Was it something she done? She kissed him back, so she told him she wanted to kiss him. They sat in silence for what it seemed like forever! It was just after seven and the sun was up, the birds were around the sea, and some people were walking along the top of the pier. "I...uh, think we should head back to the car." Luke finally spoke. "Okay" Cheryl spoke back bluntly. She had no idea why Luke was like this, one one he said she was pretty and kissing her the next he was being silent and not even looking at her. Luke stood up and brushed off sand from his jeans before walking away and Cheryl following with her hands in her pockets.