Chapter 101

Tuesday was upon Cheryl. She had been to her classes and avoid obvious conversation with the girls. At break she sat in art doodling some ideas. Now at lunch, she was doing the same. Why? it was obvious, but after lunch she was in art with Luke and geography.  How she was going to react? she had no idea. She wasnt mad anymore, she was a little annoyed but not mad at him. She couldnt be. However something was eating at her about their friendship. Was it even a proper one? The bell went and she took a breath. Mrs Harper came in and smiled at her.

"Hi Cheryl!" She cheered. "Hi....uh, miss what are we doing today?" She asked sighed. "Well....a few people still need to finish their project...however most people are finished so i think we're just gonna pair up and look at some paintings, sculptors....y'know?" She nodded smiling at Cheryl. Cheryl nodded and packed away her kit. "Okay..." She nodded putting it behind her on a shelf and grabbing pencils out her bag. She sat with her pen tapping it on the desk lightly and pencils beside her. People poured into the class and sat down doing their own thing. Taking a breath Cheryl looked at the door and watched as a tall, blonde hair guys walked in.

Luke looked over at her and his eyes widened with relief. He quickly walked over to his seat opposite Cheryl and sat down. He sat facing the wall and moved around a little as if he was uncomfortable. Sneaking a glance at him Cheryl looked at him for a second before the teacher spoke up . She told the class what to do, and as surprising as it was only 4 people were finished their projects, including her. Two boys (friends) paired up and Mrs Harper looked up at Cheryl. "We can pair up" Cheryl spoke softly referring to Luke and herself.

Luke seemed suprised but he turned his stool and sat opposite Cheryl. They were now face to face and Luke was looking at her biting his lip. He crossed his hands and sighed. "Cheryl...?" He spoke quietly, his accent rang in her ears. Shaking her head Cheryl sighed at him. "Luke...lets just....get this out the way" She nodded as she grabbed some photos of paintings. "I want to ap..." "Dont apologize...." Cheryl looked at him. "I know....but i dont want you too...okay" She half smiled at him.

"Are we....?" He asked. Cheryl shrugged softly. "Can we just....possibly start over?" She spoke quietly keeping her voice down. "Can we be friends again?" He sighed smiling at her. Cheryl shook her head. "Start over....before we became friends." She told him feeling a little hurt. "What? you mean...? before this year?" He asked with wide eyes. She watched Luke as he looked hurt, upset....Cheryl nodded. "But...without the teasing please" She laughed silently. Luke sat....silent. He put his head down and nodded. "Okay....as long as we're still talking" He told her.

Cheryl shrugged and nodded. "Thats a possibility" She told him. Leaning out to her bag she took out the necklace Luke had to her for her 18th. She slid it along to him on the table and sighed. "I dont think i'll nbe needing this right now...." Luke looked at her wide eyed. She looked at the photographs and felt Luke staring at her. She felt bad. To be honest? she wanted to lean over and hug him. Forgive him...but she had too many things now piling up in her mind. It was nearly December and mock exams were coming up. College applications, breaking away from her friends, parents, and now....Luke. She saw Luke nod from the side of her eye and he sniffed. "Okay" He spoke quietly .

_______________________________________________________
When hometime came Cheryl headed home. She didnt speak with Luke in geography and she didnt explain to the girls. She had to study anyway. Starting next week it was mock exams, she was scared, and now she was even more scared at the fact she may loose focus. Her friends, school, rumours, Luke....The only class she felt positive in was art and home ec. For her fashion exam she made a cushion with her favourite infinty sign. She felt okay for that pass mark too.

She was lying across her sofa looking at her notes, for subject. She yawned a few times before closing her eyes for a moment. Her eyes felt heavy and she got more tired, she closed her eyes and fell asleep....the next thing she knew, she opened her eyes and she was staring at the ceiling with her mom looking down on her.