Chapter 8

Luke lay in his room, on his phone, scrolling social media. Sighing he got up and picked up his guitar. He started strumming a few chords and looked over to his shelf. There was a picture sitting from home room last year. He spotted himself, Calum...few other faces...even Kassie....and Cheryl? he didnt know. how? why? he got up walking over holding his guitar and stared at the picture chewing on his lip ring. Cheryl sat smiling with her hair curled. The same as today. Maybe, this feeling wasnt just happening today...maybe its been there i while. He sat down on his bed again and strummed a few more chords.

A few times he's heard her saying to her friends how insecure she can be. He didnt know why. he began to sing some words that came into his head. "When we both fall asleep under the same sky....to the beat of our hearts at the same time...so close but so far away...i wish i was beside you..." He stopped singing and he looked up to the picture again. Something was definetly there. He started strumming the chords to a familar song...he would sing this if she was here.

After a while he noticed it was midnight. He climbed into his bed and looked through facebook. He searched for Cheryl and she came up. Clicking on her profule, her info came up and photos. Some of herself and some with her friends. He smiled at them scrolling though, but most of them was privated. he didnt want to add her this soon. She would reject it, especially after today. he decided to wait a while.

______________________________________________________________________________

Cheryl lay in her bed. She'd just said goodnight to the girls and she found herself thinking about Luke. For the first time in a while, he spoke to her and a little nicer than usual. She jumped to conclusions today after class, maybe she should give him a chance. She decided to do so.  After all she was a nice person. He did get really nice over the summer. He grew up, dont mention that fact he got way taller too. He was even taller than his group of friends. She put her phone down and turned her lamp off before going to sleep.