Chapter 53

Luke sat with the guys at break time. He sat quiet as the guys all spoke, he swirled the remaining soda in his bottle looking around.

Luke's P.O.V

I feel bad for ignoring Cheryl. I kissed her then walked away and havent spoke since. I dont want her to think i used her but i walked away because i dont want her to think that all i want is to "date" her then leave. The whole time coming back home on sunday she tried to talk and all i did was ignore her. I really like her...but...im scared. I dont want her to think im using her in any way. I'm such an ass, i should just talk to her.

Luke looked up for a moment, and saw the girls walking out from the corridor into the canteen. "Oh theres the girls! lets go!" Ashton smiled getting up. Shit! Luke wasnt ready to face Cheryl. The boys got up and walked over to the back table which was empty. The girls sat down and waited for them. The boys sat down beside the girls and Cheryl headed to the que to get something.

She waited in line till it was her turn. "Hi hun, what you having?" The lady said nicely. "Hi, can i just have a bottle of cold water please?" "Yeah sure." The woman turned and picked up bottle then handed it to her. "Thats 50 cent hun" Cheryl handed her money and smiled before walking away. She walked over to the table and the guys arms were round the girls.

Cheryl sighed as she looked discreetly at Luke. Luke stood on one side of the table, on purpose Cheryl walked over opposite him, and sat down. "Hey Chez!" The guys greeted her smiling. "Hi" She smiled and spoke quietly. "Uh, we only have 10 minutes left! break into long enough!" Kassie moaned. "hey we hanging at lunch?" She asked. "Sure, we'll meet ya here" Michael smiled at her agreeing.

Cheryl sat with her bottle of water and she felt her phone vibrate. She quickly got it out and saw a text. Unlocking her phone she noticed it was from Luke.

"Hey....can we talk? alone?"

Cheryl looked up at him and he had his phone in hand looking at her. She shook her head slowly then looked away. She did feel guilty, afterall maybe he was gonna explain. She decided to give him a chance, She got up and walked out of the canteen, into the empty corridor. Luke actually followed her. She stopped behind the double doors and put her bag over her shoulder.

Looking up at a nervous looking Luke, she raised her eyebrows slightly waiting for answers.