Ch.56 ↬ "So much for self-control."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"What do you mean my sister is missing?"

Danielle was talking to Sheriff Forbes when Mia failed to pick her up this morning for her discharge. Michelle wasn't here either, forcing Danielle to reside in the hospital until another qualified guardian could.

"Mia hasn't been in contact with Caroline or Klaus since she got back. They have no clue or trace of where she went besides here.. With you."

"She said she'd pick me up in the morning, I'd like to think she's still in town at home," Danielle felt stressed again, "you have no idea where she went off to?"

"Elena saw her last," Kara barged into the hospital room with an ecstatic expression, "right after the priss shut her humanity off."

"What?"

Sheriff Forbes sighed, "Kara, please. This is–"

"I'm her legal guardian. In the papers, I'm still Kara Lennox," She smiled, "Elena hasn't been seen since last night either and I'm thinking the two of them are together."

"Mia wouldn't hang out with her."

"No, no she wouldn't.. Unless she had no choice to."

"So Elena's holding her hostage now?"

"I've been without humanity for a long, long time. You have no limits and I'm sure Elena is very creative with her ways. We have to go, I already signed the papers."

Danielle got up quickly to follow Kara. The first action to pop up in mind was a locater spell, so that's what they did when they got home.

"She's here.. In Mystic Falls," Danielle glanced over at her, "somewhere near in the mall. It's not specific."

"She might be with Elena. Stefan's looking for her too," Kara and Danielle walked to the car and drove towards the mall.

"What happened last night?"

"For starters, Elena didn't take Jeremy's death well. I mean– how can you? Grieving is a normal process, but she was hurting too much and–" Kara paused as she thought of last night, "Damon told her to turn off her humanity. She burned her house down with Jeremy in it."

"Another vampire without humanity?" Danielle leaned back and sighed, "great."

"She has friends that'll watch her, so it's not like she can go on a rampage."

"Are you going to help her?"

"I don't think she'd want me there. And I don't really want to so–" Kara parked on the curb, "we're here."

Stefan and Damon were already there waiting. They didn't know Elena was missing until early morning and their searching was unsuccessful until now.