Chapter 8 ↬ "Gotta love Mother Nature."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

After Mia and Elijah had their discussion about life, and with Mia asking about how awesome vampire sex would be, she had to head towards the Lockwood House. Michelle had said something about the mayor knowing their parents, so she had to at least ask if they knew where they last were.

She knocked on the door, waiting for it to be opened. A boy about her aged appeared at the door, giving her a confused look.

"I'm Mia. I'm looking for Mayor Lockwood?" Mia asked, "she's expecting me."

"Yeah, hold on. Mom!"

The Mayor came running down the stairs, flashing Mia a bright smile.

"Hello Mia, it's a pleasure to meet you," Mayor Lockwood greeted and shook her hand, "right this way."

Mrs.Lockwood led Mia to the living room, where she made them two cups of tea.

"So, you wanted to know about your parents?" Mrs.Lockwood asked her.

Mia nodded and took a sip, though it tasted quite odd again. It was the same flavor as the water back at the Grill.

"Alannah and Tristan were very nice people," Mrs.Lockwood smiled, "Especially Alannah, she would always help out set up and clean up parties. Tristan would help out by making sure there wasn't any trouble. He was a very strong man."

Mia smiled and forced herself to drink more of the tea, even though she hated it. But she didn't want to seem impolite.

"They first came here about two or three months ago. They said they didn't want to settle for long, just a temporary place."

"Did they say why the were leaving?"

Mrs.Lockwood shrugged her shoulders, "like they said, they didn't want to settle for too long. They wanted to travel the world."

Mia frowned a little bit and set her cup down,"Thank you, Mayor Lockwood."

The mayor smiled and got up to hug Mia on her away out, "Anything to help."

Mia was about to leave when she called after her.

"We're having a founders party tonight, you should come," Carol smiled.

Mia chuckled, "well, I'm not a founder."

Carol laughed, "you don't have to be a founder to come and socialize."

Mia thought about it for awhile. If the mayor knew her parents, maybe the other founders knew them too?

"I would love to."

"Here— set him down on the couch."

Damon and Jeremy set Alaric's unconscious body in the living room.