Chapter 5 ↬ "What a bitch!"

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Elena, Caroline, Bonnie, Jeremy, Alaric, and Damon all stood in the library of the Salvatore boarding house.

"Do you think Stefan will be back later? Since Ric took care of Kara?" Elena asked eagerly as she waited for a text from Stefan.

"I'm sure they're negotiating some plans," Damon said and poured him and Ric some bourbon.

"What if Kara doesn't want to go with Klaus and she comes back to kill us all?" Caroline panicked, "Isn't she like more than 200 years old? She can take down all of us with a blink of an eye!"

"She isn't, okay?" Alaric assured her, "Well, let's hope not."

"I'm just saying, we're taking a big risk here." Caroline calmed down a bit.

"We always take risks, Caroline. And yet, we manage to still be here," Elena sighed.

"What's the big deal with this Kara girl anyways? If everyone's so scared of her than why haven't we heard of her until she massacred those people?" Jeremy asked.

Elena sighed and took a seat next to her brother. "Before the sacrifice happened, I was talking to Elijah and he told me about his family. Then I told him about mine. He said his family have been vampires for awhile."

"I think we've got that covered Elena," Damon sipped his drink.

Elena rolled her eyes and continued onto her story. "Elijah and I began to get to get to know each other. He asked me about Stefan and then I asked him if he loved anyone. He said that he loved some woman, Tatia. Eventually she chose Elijah and then he said he couldn't say anything else."

"Sounds a little familiar," Caroline commented.

"A hundred years later, they were in Italy. They attended a towns' party, and they saw Kara," Elena paused, "Elijah said that the second he saw her, he fell in love instantly. For Klaus, he felt himself falling for her each time they talked. He said that they both loved Kara more than anything in the world."

"Then?" Caroline asked while munching on a bag of chips. All six of them looked at her. "What? This helps stop the craving and the story's interesting. Keep going."

"Elijah didn't know that Kara was talking to Klaus, and Klaus didn't know that Kara even was friends with Elijah. She was stringing them both along, but, they were too in love to see it," Elena paused, trying to remember what else Elijah said.

"Once they found out, they got into a huge argument and even stopped talking to each other– they grew estranged. Kara picked Klaus, but it didn't last long when their brother Kol came."

Caroline gasped. "What a bitch!"

Alaric chuckled and finished the last of his drink.

"Klaus and Elijah have some serious love issues," Damon mumbled.

"Shut up!" Caroline yelled, "Go on."

"Once they both found this out, Elijah was heartbroken. Even if he decided to let her go, he still loved her. Klaus, on the other hand, went on a killing spree. He was just so angry, and so hurt, he took it out on everyone. They had to move, since people were assuming it was a vampire attacking. They left Kara all alone."

"I think Kara reminds me of a certain someone," Damon said.

"Katherine," Bonnie answered.

Damon smirked, "Ding ding ding!"

"So what happened to Kol?" Caroline asked.

"Kol had to leave too, since vampires weren't welcome to the town anymore. Kara loved him so much that she couldn't bear to be without him, so she asked some vampire to turn her. Klaus was still angry that Kol would do such a thing, he daggered him."

"Klaus is such a freak," Caroline rolled her eyes.

"Tell me about it," Bonnie agreed.

"I still don't get why everyone is afraid of her," Jeremy furrowed his eyebrows.

"And I have that answer," Bonnie smiled, "I would of said it before, but Elena just had to tell her story." Elena threw a chip at Bonnie and giggled.

"I talked to a few witches that have lived long enough to know some parts of Kara's life. After she turned and found out Kol was no where to be found, she was a mess. All of her feelings magnified. So the guilt that she had for Klaus and Elijah overwhelmed her and the feelings she had for Kol made her feel guilty twice as much. She had just become a vampire, so she had no idea there was switch." Bonnie said, "She began to kill people. She said it made her feel better. She wouldn't even compel them to stop screaming... Killing was her stress reliever."

Everyone waited for Bonnie to continue her story as she looked through her phone.

"Oh! Here it is. Sorry, the story was too long that I had to write it down. Anyways, she was like this for about 500 years. Elijah heard about it and found her. She said that she couldn't stop, that it was the guilt and everything else so−"

"He compelled her to forget about him, and his brothers," Damon finished, "Smart move."

"After that, she had no reason to kill all of those people. She felt even more guilty," Bonnie pursed her lips, "There was no choice but to turn it off."

"Oh my god," Elena placed her hand over her forehead.

"For 400 years she's been killing people for no reason. She's killed over 100 witches and probably even betrayed her own friends. She's a cold blooded psycho.. And it doesn't even bother her the slightest."

"So you're telling me that she's had her switch off for 400 years?" Jeremy asked, "Now I get why."

"Alaric," Elena said quietly. Ric turned around to face Elena.

"If she killed all of those people without consent, then she'll go after you too." Elena said, barely above a whisper.

"For what?" Damon scoffed. "Giving her an F on her history test?"

"Nope," Alaric sighed. "For vervaining her and selling her out to the guy that used to love her."

▬ ▬ ▬

Yay!! More about Kara! I actually love writing in Narrator's point of view, so I think I'm going to do that from now on :)

Next chapter will be Mia and Elijah, AND Kara meets the mystic falls gang :) (officially)