Chapter 4 ↬ "Klaus Mikaelson."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Kara waited by the door, trying to be as patient as can be. The door soon swung open and she exhaled loudly.

"Sorry it took so long," Alaric said and handed her the papers, "Why did you ask me for my dead's wife research again?"

She skimmed through the papers, "My parents left me and my sisters when I was eight, and we've been trying to find them ever since."

Alaric nodded and closed the door, but before he did he looked at him, "Do you know a Klaus Mikaelson?"

Her eyes stayed on the paper, her brain thinking of who he was and why the name sounded so familiar.

"Oh yes! Niklaus Mikealson, the original and now hybrid."

Alaric opened the door back up and he faced her, "How do you know him?"

"Everyone knows him, why?"

"Oh I don't just−" Alaric stabbed Kara in the stomach with a wooden stake, causing her to collapse on the floor. He grabbed a needle and stuck it into her neck, allowing Kara to pass out.

Mia unlocked the house and walked in, seeing Michelle cooking and Zella as a test subject for Danielle.

"What a happy normal family," Mia joked and fell onto the couch.

"How was parent hunting?" Danielle asked as she was making Zella fly across the room.

"Not so great. Turns out, my so call "new friends" thought I was Kara and wanted to trade me to this guy named Klaus Mikaelson. Then, they tried to vervain me."

Zella fell onto the floor with a thud. The sisters gasped after hearing the news.

"What?" Danielle asked, "What else did they do?"

"Oh nothing, just that Kara has been in this town before,"Mia said casually, "And killed tons of innocent people."

"Kara's been in this town before?" Michelle asked, "She leaves sometimes, but that's to find more leads."

"Apparently. I talked to this guy, Jeremy Gilbert. He said that she killed dozens of innocent students."

Zella stayed on the ground from where Danielle dropped her, listening, "What do you expect? She's a killer– she needs to kill to stay alive. And that makes it even worse that she's a vampire with no emotions."

"She has emotions. Kara is just snuck in the middle. Didn't have this conversation before?" Michelle rolled her eyes, "she only turned off some emotions."

Kara had turned off her switch when she first turned into a vampire a couple years back, it was because she didn't want to feel guilty drinking blood. The sisters didn't understand the concept of a "humanity switch," back then until a witch they ran into explained it to them. Vampires could turn their switch all the way off or just let some emotions go. Which is what Kara did after she couldn't handle the heightened senses.