Chapter 23 ↬"Bacon pancakes."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"You're a piece of shit, you know."

Kara stared at the 13 year old girl who had pancake batter all over the top of her head and her face.

"What's a shit?"

Kara was prepared to take the knife in her hand and stab her own throat, but instead sighed. She wasn't prepared to play a parent. A couple of weeks passed by since Tristan left and they still haven't returned. Now, Kara and Zella were trying to make pancakes for the other sisters, but Zella was being... Zella.

"How did you get the batter on your head?" Kara asked.

The girl shrugged her shoulders and began to prepare another batch, "I was always asleep when Mom would cook."

Kara took the bowl from her and poured the pancake mix. After the batter was done, she poured the mix into the pancake grill and made three for each person. Zella stood next to her and watched her, probably learning for the next time.

"Aren't you gonna shower?" Kara asked and flipped the pancake.

"Are you gonna put anything in them?" Zella asked, "Michelle likes bananas in hers, Mia likes chocolate chips, and Danielle likes strawberries."

Kara sighed, "oh really? It seems like we don't have any of those."

She placed the two finished pancakes on a plate. Zella turned around and headed for the fridge, which had every ingredient. She placed them next to Kara. Suddenly, there was a loud thud.

"What−"

"I like bacon in mine."

Zella placed the bacon package in warm water to defrost, "you'll have to fry the bacon first," She went upstairs to take a shower.

Kara's eyebrow twitched a little. What a weird girl, she thought.

It seemed like her humanity was coming back on, but it wasn't. Not all vampires with their switch off are monsters. Yes, some could be cruel, some could be mean, some could just be plain evil. Kara just didn't care about anything. It was like she emotionless. She is emotionless.

There were some time where she grew angry, and there were times where she was also very cruel, but it wasn't like that all the time.

"Do you need help?"

Mia had just woken up, eyes still red and hair still messy. She took a knife and began cutting strawberries. Kara widened her eyes.

"Are you sure you're not gonna cut yourself?"