Ch.71 ↬ "Always and forever."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

5 Years Later

"The Harrison case is closed. I'll be attending their trial as soon as they fix a date. I have to present my evidence and testify against them."

Mia flipped the office sign from OPEN to CLOSE while her secretary, Fatima, typed away at her desk, adding the last notes to the case before printing out a few files.

"This one didn't usually take as long. Are you getting the hang of it?" Fatima teased her boss and as they packed up for the day.

"There are usually similar trends in these types of missing persons case, I'm just following what I know," Mia's mouth gaped open for a second, "which reminds me.. we're catching up to our queue so we're gonna tackle those cold cases soon enough. We won't be able to take in more clients."

"Got it.. I'll close down our website when we start."

Mia graduated from Azpeita University last year with her major in criminology and minor in psychology. Rebekah and Kol graduated as well, the two of them earning their separate degrees in drama and occult studies. They went on to find jobs, giving the Mikaelsons a chance to live a "normal" life as humans.

Rebekah was working at one of the theaters directing and starring in melodramatic plays. Kol was earning his teaching degree so he could become a professor at Azpeita. Hayley and Michelle constantly tease him for his extensive knowledge, but they were doing it with love. Michelle even said she'd go back to school if Kol was her professor.

With the help of Klaus, Mia opened up her own private investigation firm. She had trouble naming it, but she stuck for "M.K Investigations." Their first initials since he did help her build her future job.

She had only been in business for a year, but made great progress with her cases. Mia mostly stuck with cases for families, such as finding abducted children or missing parents. Since she had years of experience, Mia knew what she was getting herself into.

"I'll see you on Monday," Mia waved goodbye to Fatima and got into her car to go home.

Surprisingly, New Orleans was fairly quiet in the past years. Marcel and Klaus kept a more passive-aggressive friendliness between each other, as long as they respected the boundaries. Klaus would rather not risk the happiness of his family to spite Marcel, so he kept the peace. Unless there was something Marcel had been planning. Which Klaus kept investigating to make sure it wasn't happening.

Alannah and Tristan became close with Hayley, they were like the parents she had been looking for. Even though they weren't, Hayley thought of them as family. She stopped her search for them when she met the Lennox family and felt the instant spark of connection she had.