Chapter 26 ↬ "You better run."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Mia sighed and stretched out her body, then placed her feet on top of the dash board.

"Off," Klaus ordered.

She rolled her eyes at his order, "what are we going to do there?"

Mia looked to her right side and saw cars following them, which were filled with the hybrids of Klaus's pack.

"Mikael is my father," Klaus finally began to open up more about his past, "but I could damn him into hell if I could. He's an original just like us, but he's only alive to kill us. He believes vampires are abominations— evil fiends that have cursed the earth."

"Then he'd have to kill every vampire here?" Mia questioned.

"Once an Original vampire dies then everyone they have turned dies. Whoever they have turned also dies, so on and so forth," he sighed, "the whole bloodline is disrupted."

Mia stared at his blank expression. He may have no noticeable smile or frown, but his eyes were filled with expression. Fear. One that was mixed with hatred, sadness, and regret.

She decided to leave him alone for now. Klaus wanted to visit an old friend in New Orleans, Louisiana. Not exactly in the city, but the general area surrounding it. She was an old witch who may or may not know how to stop Mikael.

Being the talkative, annoying self she is, Mia perked up and continued a conversation.

"Since you've kidnapped me—"

"You're not a kid."

Mia ignored his comment and continued on, "I think we should get to know each other more. The only talks we've had consisted you lecturing me, yelling at me, or both of us sharing our thoughts and experiences.

She glanced over at him, "we're in this together now, so.."

Klaus stayed silent and focused his eyes on driving. He wasn't sure if he agreed with her proposition or if he wanted to shrug it off like he always did. Mia pretended to be the old love his life and go behind his back to steal Stefan back– two people that he thought would stay loyal to ended up betraying him.

"All I need you to do is comply to my instructions and everything will be well."

Mia rolled her eyes at his words, of course Klaus was going to become distant because of what she did. She was also only here because he needed to use her leadership skills; a heavy sigh escaped from her lips as her head leaned against the window.

Klaus sighed as well— he was thinking about talking to her, yet there was a part of him that still couldn't trust her.

"Are we there yet?"