Chapter 12 ↬ "Thanks for the tip, wolfie."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Mia woke up, stretching her body as she went to walk to the bathroom. She stared into the mirror, remembering what happened last night.

"Mia, your parents are running away to keep you alive. Tristan made a deal with Kara. Him and his wife would run away together to protect you two while Kara would make sure the vampires wouldn't find you or your sisters. It is unknown what Tristan had promised to Kara in return for her deed."

Mia wiped the tears off her face, Kara was right. Her parents didn't want to be found. They weren't running away to get away from them, they were running away to protect them.

"Thank you, Elijah."

She stepped into the shower, removing all the sweat and makeup from last night. Danielle, Michelle, and Zella were all in the dining room eating their breakfast.

Mia jogged her way downstairs, grabbing an apple and put her earbuds in, "I'm going out for a jog."

They all ignored her, Zella too busy dogging apple seed bullets and Danielle too busy throwing them. Michelle was cleaning up after them, like they were little kids.

Mia started running around the neighborhood and into the woods, then past a boarding house. She continued to look at it, it was like old mansion— probably a historic place for Mystic Falls.

As she was staring, she bumped into something, causing her to stumble back a little bit.

"We meet again wolfie," Damon smirked.

Mia sighed and wiped the sweat off of her forehead, "What do you want?"

"Have I ever told you that you looked hot? Even when you're sweating?"

Mia scoffed and rolled her eyes, "shouldn't you be with Elena?"

"Believe it or not, Elena sent me here. She wants you to help her find Stefan, which I think we found him."

"Why do you need my help?"

"Because you look like Klaus's ex-girlfriend and he'll probably listen to whatever you say," Damon smiled. He gestured to his house, "Elena's better at elaborating things than I am."

Mia eyed the vampire, then walked over to the boarding house. The two stepped into Damon's room. He opened a closet filled papers and pins, pulling them all out aggressively.

"Weather suicide or tragic accident, WKPW News had lost one of it's shining stars."

Damon looked over at the TV before returning to ripping papers. He let out a sigh at what was on the headlines.

"Daily reporter and weekend anchor Andie Star was discovered dead−"

"Oh my god," Mia gasped under her breath. She didn't know the woman personally, but the way she died was unsettling.