Ch. 55 ↬ "If it isn't little Miss Sunshine."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"Jeremy! Jeremy, wake up!"

Mia watched as Elena clung onto her dead brother's body. She was frantically yelling his name until calming down and telling him it was okay. Bonnie was passed out on the ground, but her wounds were completely healed.

Stefan and Damon walked into the scene to check on Elena. They didn't know how to react either, seeing as things happened so quickly.

Mia got up from the ground to talk to both of them, explaining the circumstances as they left Elena to mourn alone.

"I'm guessing by the empty bed and dead little brother, Katherine used Jeremy to feed Silas. She took the cure with her, there's nothing else left," Mia concluded and swallowed the lump in her throat, "Elena keeps saying that Jeremy will wake up soon because he wore the Gilbert ring."

"Good. We'll wait for him to wake up before we leave," Damon glanced over at her.

"He can't. I hate to be the one who's thinking smart.. Jeremy was one of the five hunters created by a witch. His body wasn't normal when he died."

Damon furrowed his eyebrows and his determined expression fell, "he's a supernatural.. The ring won't work on him."

"Jeremy's gone for good. So you two need to get off the island before anyone else gets killed," Mia led them back to the scene, "I'll stay to find.. Bonnie?"

Stefan looked around the cave to see only Elena and Jeremy, "was she here?"

"Yeah.. Bonnie was laying here. I healed her and I left to talk to you two.." Mia began to clutch her head. Was she hallucinating again? Was Silas messing with her mind?

"The hunter's gone so we'll all be screwed soon," Damon turned around with caution, "I'll stick with you to find Danielle, maybe they caught up with each other. I'm gonna need you to take Elena and Jeremy back home."

He pointed at Stefan, "get her off of this island."

Stefan immediately complied and helped carry Jeremy's body back to shore. Mia followed Damon to their campsite as the two of them searched through the cabins once more.

"They're not going to be here. I checked a hundred times," Mia kicked open the door and peaked in, "we should check further into the woods. Where we saw the hatchet man?"

"Good call. Let's explore deeper into our deaths where another possible enemy could kidnap us. Nice thinking.. Mia."

"Ugh!" She groaned and threw a sleeping bag on the ground, "how did you find out?"

"The second you offered your blood bag to me. Kara would rather starve us both if it meant sharing with the other Salvatore. Also when you started to play go fish with Stefan at the campfire. Stefan never wins a card game."