Ch.68 ↬ "Do you believe in the devil?"

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Three months had passed since Mia last visited Mystic Falls. Three months since she last talked to Danielle or anyone from there too.

For her, the town was filled with death and sorrow. Her own death, her family's and anyone victim to the hunger of vampires and werewolves. She felt guilty for dodging their calls– especially from Damon and Caroline, but she didn't feel like talking to them.

Rebekah and Elijah were working to find a spell that would bring Kol back. Their efforts weren't paying off as well as they hoped. Mia tried to contact Danielle a few times since her mom created the Other side, but the last she heard, they switched the anchor, and then Mia got lost when Caroline was explaining. However, she did listen when she said the new anchor was a teddy bear named Miss Cuddles.

"I'm feeling honeydew slushees today. You in?" Hayley was waiting for Mia outside of class so they could catch lunch together, "and nacho fries?"

"Yes and yes," Mia agreed, "I'm kinda feeling tired today, so let's take a break from the searching and watch a movie at the dorms?"

Hayley and Mia became closer these past days. Especially after Kol's death and Danielle leaving, Mia needed a shoulder to lean on. Rebekah was still there for her, though she was busier than usual with witch business. Plus, Mia seemed more like a bother.

It's not that she didn't want to help find Kol– she so badly did– life wasn't going to stop for her. She balanced school, the supernatural world, and her social life. Mia joined this small club which was basically just a bunch of girls who play unprofessional soccer together. It helped with her depression.

Klaus was– well, Klaus. He had been holed up in his art room for two weeks just painting out his emotions. After that, he went back to tormenting the city of New Orleans and try to reclaim power. Mia went to visit him on weekends which made him pause the antics to take her out on dates. Honestly, life was going well for her.

As opposed to her friends back in Mystic Falls. Following Euphoria's death, the mental link Tessa put on their minds broke, and she received her memories. All of them– including Chicago. However, Kara pretended she didn't know.

The group that they'd finally catch a break after the whole traveller witch business and switching the anchor, but one problem came with another.

Now, there were passengers– a worn down group of cursed travelers who wanted to reverse their curse that was put on them. By creating a spell that would reverse everything. In which they needed the last remaining pairs of doppelgänger blood.

Everyone stood in the living room of the boarding house, thinking about what they should do. Katherine was killed, Silas, Amara, Euphoria– one of Stefan's doppelgängers remained which had yet to be decided.