Chapter 33 ↬ "A hero is a villian in disguise."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

At the breakfast table, Mia's eyes were only focused on her phone. Danielle already finished eating and Michelle was yelling at her younger sister to get off the device.

Michelle tried to yank it from Mia's fingers, but she pulled away quickly.

"Quit it!"

"I'm telling you to get ready," she rolled her eyes, "finish your cereal. I'm gonna wait in the car."

Mia groaned and ate the rest of her cocoa pebbles before brushing her teeth in a rush. Zella was working at the Mystic Grill, taking after the job Mia got fired from, and Michelle went to the local community college. It was weird for Mia to see them have lives of their own, but they didn't have to move anymore and needed to waste time.

"Jesus, who are you texting on that goddamn phone?" Michelle asked when she got inside the car, "your face looks weird staring at that screen."

"There's a guy.."

"You mean Klaus?" Danielle joked, poking Mia's cheek from behind the passenger sea, "I overheard you guys last night. Your talk about–"

"Why is everyone listening to my conversations?" Mia huffed, "maybe I will just move in with him.."

"Move in? Excuse me?" Michelle swerved on the road a little, "move in with Klaus?"

"He asked me to– even offered a room for our whole family."

"Living with a thousand year old psychopath that tried to kill you and use you as leverage? Um? What?"

Danielle sighed and clutched her head, she already predicated the fight that was going to happen.

"Well it sounds like a vacation away from you," Mia laughed, "if you knew what had happened–"

"Then tell me, Mia. Tell me exactly what happened between you guys that makes him seem like such a good guy."

"If you let me talk–"

"Tell me the exact reason as to why you killed his father– the only hope to your friends living a normal life again. Tell–"

"Goddamnit! Let me out of the car! I said let me out!" Mia kicked open the passenger door, shocking Danielle and Michelle.

She got out and took her bag, then slammed it closed with all her might. The school was only five minutes away from where she got off.

Stupid, Mia thought, never gives the chance to explain myself. Always has to jump into conclusions.

When Mia arrived at the front doors, she followed the scents to Caroline's locker. They may have just met, but she wanted to give her a small gift.