Extra ↬ "Thanksgiving Special."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Mia opened the door of the Mikaelson mansion, stepping inside with ease and a small smile on her face. Kol was in the living room playing on the newly bought X-BOX, Klaus was reading a book in his office and Rebekah's eyes were glued onto Mia's laptop screen.

"Do you guys know what day it is?" Mia asked, grabbing all of their attention, "it's Thanksgiving!"

"Ah–yes. The fictional dinner between the indigenous people and the pilgrims that seem to have created a cultural tradition," Klaus sighed and turned a page, "what's the fuss about?"

"Every year my sisters and I would celebrate Thanksgiving together as a reminder that we'll always be here for each other. Since they're not exactly here anymore, I wanted to celebrate with you guys to carry on the tradition."

Rebekah looked up from the screen and made eye-contact with Klaus. They both felt badly for the poor girl, so Rebekah nodded her head.

"Why not? We haven't spent Thanksgiving with each other in ages either. It'll be fun planning it," Rebekah looked over at her brothers, "Nik?"

"What are you talking about? Remember the holidays in Bulgaria–"

"I was daggered."

"Then the time in the Himalayas–"

Kol turned around, "I was daggered too."

Klaus pursed his lips for a second and shut his book, "fine. I suppose our family time is long over due."

Mia laughed and clapped her hands together, "okay! We need to buy the ingredients for everything–"

"Ingredients? We're cooking?" Rebekah widened her eyes, "I've never cooked in my life."

"We always cook our food. Buying the thing already made is just as expensive."

"That's why we compel–"

"If Mia would rather cook everything from scratch than we should do the same. It's never fun to rain on someone's traditions, is it Rebekah?" Klaus defended Mia, earning a smile from her and a glare from his sister, "where's the list?"

"We should split into teams–we're going to need three. One to buy the main course ingredients, desserts, and the decorations," Mia scrolled through her phone screen, "so–Klaus and I will buy the savory foods. Kol and Rebekah will buy the desserts. Danielle and Elijah are teaming up to buy the decorations."

"You called my brother?" Klaus furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

She smiled and titled her head a little, "Thanksgiving is to be celebrated with everyone they love."

Rebekah sighed and placed her hands on her hips, "well–come on, Kol. We have a lot to do, this list is lengthy and that doesn't include the directions on baking. Come on–turn off that stupid game!"