Chapter 38 ↬ "Damon, shut up."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"Hey– who do you think will win? Team Originals or Team Mystic Falls?" Kara and Katherine were at a bar in Switzerland eating the life out of the local customers.

Katherine laughed at her question and wiped the remaining blood from her lips, "we both know the answer."

"Have a little hope in your friends," Kara crossed her legs, "It's fun to see them try– let's go visit them."

"Go alone."

After finding out Kol was alive, Kara hesitated to visit him. For multiple reasons. If she returned back, that would only cause more trouble for her to stay alive. Klaus would kill her on sight and Mia would probably distract her. Not only that, but she wasn't sure if Kol was still in love with her.

It was a risky reunion. Although she loves him dearly and thinks about him every day, she didn't want her only light to be taken from her. If Kol decided he didn't want Kara anymore, all reasons to stay alive would flush away.

Just when Kara was going to comment back, the doors of the bar opened. Elijah walked in with his usual suit and tie.

He adjusted his coat and looked around, "Katerina, I take that this wasn't all your mess?"

Katherine stood up straight and shook her head. Kara, with an amused expression, looked at Elijah.

"Elijah! You were the one I least expected to pop in here," she walked up to him, "How are you?"

"Holding in every urge to rip your head off right now."

"Aw," Kara pouted her lips, "I'm sorry about daggering you. I thought it was just a good house warming gift for Nik. But now you're alive– can bygones be bygones?"

Elijah chuckled, "your words are meaningless. I'm not going to comply to them anymore."

"Alright, whatever– why isn't Kol with you?"

"He's occupied with the new world," he shrugged his shoulders, "his first incentive isn't to find you. Shame."

She scoffed and rolled her eyes, "okay, well. It's girls night out, so if you don't mind–"

Kara paused mid-sentence to glance at Katherine. She had an odd expression on her face and her body was stiff.

She glanced at Elijah next– he stood confidently but his eyes said another thing, "my best friend and my ex-boyfriend.."

Kara smiled, "my best friend and my ex-boyfriend!"

"Technically not your boyfriend because you went with Klaus," Katherine butted in, "it's no big deal."