Ch.65 ↬ "We can make new memories."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"Mia. I've read on our syllabus which said that— where is she?"

Kol entered the Mikaelson home, but only found Klaus sitting alone at the dinner table. He closed the grimore he was reading before looking at his brother.

"Mystic Falls. Some personal matters she needs to attend to. Would you like to leave a message?"

"I'll wait until she gets back," Kol nodded and turned away from him.

"She won't fall for you this time, Kol. No matter how hard you'll push for it."

Klaus announced rather sternly. Having Kol around here was a threat to his relationship with Mia. He couldn't have his younger brother sabotaging his relationship again.

"Oh, Nik. Don't you ever learn?" Kol's hands fell to his sides, "you can't control love."

"Though I can control the distance between you and Mia. And the amount of conversations you can have with each other," Klaus smiled, "which is very limited."

"If you think that can stop us then I'd like to see it happen."

"Well, it did work for you and Kara. I kept you away from each other long enough you both fell out of love," he shrugged his shoulders with a smirk.

Kol stayed still, looking at his brother's eyes and seeing the small hint of desperation hidden there.

"You wouldn't be so bothered about Mia and I if you didn't think I stood a chance," Kol furrowed his eyebrows, "you're not scared of what I'll do to her. What I'll compel her to feel or say– you're scared of her doing that all on her own."

"What are you blabbing on about?"

"Your paranoia, Nik. Your fear over being left by the next love of your life. We know how often you overthink the worst so you take the most unnecessary precautions," he shook his head in disbelief, "your own downfall."

Klaus sighed, fidgeting his hands together as he thought of what to say. He couldn't though because Kol was right. He was scared that Mia would somehow develop feelings for Kol. Secretly, behind his back– as the same thing happened centuries ago. With the girl who looked exactly like her.

"I guess I don't have to mess with your head. You can do that yourself. Good day, Nik," Kol smiled and left the house, going back to campus.

Niklaus sighed while he got up from his seat. He stepped outside on the balcony to make another phone call to Mia.

"Hi," she answered quickly, her voice putting his anxiety at ease for now, "are you bored or do you just miss me?"

"Both," Klaus grinned towards the city of people, "how's everything?"