Chapter 37 ↬ "More than a friend."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Mia woke up the next morning in one of the guest rooms of the Mikaelson mansion. She kicked off the bedsheets and headed straight for the kitchen to cook up something to eat. She guessed that Klaus went grocery shopping because the fridge was filled with various foods.

A smile appeared on her lips when she prepared some toast, fruits, and a cup of coffee to drink before leaving.

"What a sight," Kol walked into the room with his hands inside of his pockets.

The girl rolled her eyes and continued to eat her breakfast. Kol was just standing there, leaning against the wall, staring at her.

"Kol," She set her coffee cup down harshly, "what do you want this time?"

Last night, he kept trying to tease and talk her into sleeping in the same room. To "keep you safe" he constantly told Mia, until Klaus showed up and they had a discussion. The wolf didn't want to listen on it because she was so tired, so she fell asleep early.

"Where's Kara?" Kol took a seat across from the doppelgänger, "why isn't she here?"

"She comes and goes whenever," Mia finished the last of her food, "she doesn't have many friends here."

His facial expression sadden a bit, "what my brother says about her, is it true? Kara's not the same anymore?"

Kol didn't want to believe what they were saying. Just because he wanted to hang onto hope.

"I don't know how she was like as a human, but she doesn't have any sympathy or limits towards people," Mia sighed, "maybe it'll be different if she sees you– I'm not entirely sure. You shouldn't expect too much."

There was silence between them until the wolf looked at Kol's face. His expression was despondent and it looked as if he was thinking very hard. Mia decided to speak up.

"Do you remember? What she was like before?"

"You could not have gotten someone else to run errands with? You had to drag me along?"

Kol complained the whole way to the late night farmer's market. The streets were lit with paper lanterns, decorated with flowers to celebrate the summer, and flooded with visitors from other towns.

"What fun is it with them?" Kara shook her head as she held her basket, "Yes, Miss Radford. Anything for you, Miss Radford. They are much too afraid to engage in basic conversation with me in fear of my father."

"Perhaps they do not like you much," Kol teased and smiled at her, making her chuckle.

"I had never thought of that. Perhaps I am too insufferable to be with," Kara joked and went up to one of the stands. She picked a few peaches for a new recipe she wanted to try, alongside some other baking ingredients.