Chapter 41 ↬ "Courtesy of Matt Donavan."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"Wake up."

Mia felt a nudge on her shoulder while opening her eyes. She was still half-asleep, but recognized the familiar person above her.

Rebekah was standing there, in a pissy mood, waiting.

"We're part of the cleaning committee and it's almost 8 o'clock," she threw some articles of clothing on top of her, "Change and get moving."

Mia looked around the room. Klaus was no where to be found, but there was note on the pillow next to her.

I'll be tying up loose ends before leaving town. –Klaus

She set the note on the beside table and left to go change. Rebekah and her were driving towards the high school to clean up the decorations.

"It was good dance," Mia tried to cheer the Original up. Her friend wasn't saying much this morning or making eye contact, "Everyone was smiling, laughing. They loved it."

"Everyone except me," Rebekah rolled her eyes, "I was rotting away in my coffin while Nik got ready. I heard him."

"Your hard work paid off. It was a memorable night," She sighed at the thought of Esther, "And.. I'm sorry about your mom. I know you hated her, but it's not easy losing family. And I took that away."

Rebekah purses her lips together, "thank you."

She took a deep breath, "I trust that you did something right. Considering your character."

The wolf let out a laugh and shrugged, "Matt and Jeremy had this amazing idea of trying to bargain with the Original witch. It backfired."

"Really?" Rebekah laughed as she raised an eyebrow, "don't tell me they were holding guns too?"

"One gun and one crossbow," Mia corrected, "I did what I had to do."

She perked her head up when she saw the school, "I remember I took pictures last night on my camera."

"You can show it to me during lunch," Rebekah parked the car and they both got out. She was eyeing all of the leftover decorations while they entered, "looks pretty good."

"You worked everyone's ass off, it should look more than pretty good," Mia stretched her back. Caroline yelled at her again for not hanging up the stars properly, she almost broke her back trying to fix them.

The two girls started tearing down all the posters, plastics, and any unusable stuff. Mia grabbed a trash bag to organize everything sustainable.

"So? You and Nik?" Rebekah asked from across the room, "saw you two cuddling when I walked in."