Chapter 39 ↬ "Super old, super creepy."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"You know, Rebekah is gonna kill you if those decorations aren't taped properly."

Sage and Mia got up early because they were a part of the high school's decorating committee. Except– he was a part of it and Mia was just dragged along because he wanted to see her.

"Whatever," she rolled her eyes. On the way here, Mia was ranting to her boyfriend the hell she went through last night. Going on about Klaus's ignorance, Rebekah's attitude, and how unnecessary it was to hold Damon.

"They're so terrible," Mia kept saying, but Sage wasn't sure which side the girl was referring to.

Sage chuckled and pinched her cheek, "don't let them get the way of your fun. Look! We're at school on a weekend. 9AM."

Mia sighed and pecked his lips, "it's just hard to get over."

He nodded, "yeah. I know." His eyes scanned the hallway, "let's move onto the cafeteria."

They linked arms as they made way to hang up the posters. Sage left to go help finish a painting and Mia was left to hang up the neglected balloons.

"Too flashy, people. It's suppose to be a speakeasy, not the world's fair."

The sound of her accent made Mia's blood boil. She focused her attention on creating the balloon arc, yet listened in on the conversation Rebekah was having.

"Oh good, you're here. We need help setting up the tables, so get to it," Rebekah said to Caroline and the two engaged in a conversation that left Caroline angry.

Rebekah, filled with glee, turned back around and saw Mia struggling with the balloon arc. She set down her clip board for a bit to help her.

"So? Now you get to experience the 20s," Rebekah started up a conversation. "And not just hear about it from us."

Mia continued to ignore the blondie. She tied the latex around the metal rod and sighed constantly, trying to give Rebekah a hint.

"Okay, I get it," Rebekah let go of the balloons for a bit, "And I'm sorry. Truly. All my life I haven't had much time to make real relationship or meet new people. The one time I open up to someone, they use my head to find intel on how to kill me."

Mia started to feel a little pity, but she stood her ground, "trying to kill Damon was making you the villain."

Rebekah let out a small sigh, "my temper does seem to take over at times."

"I can see that," Mia couldn't help but smile, "At least you didn't rip his heart out."

She smiled and laughed, "and how do you forgive so easily?"