Ch.59 ↬ "Make sure you rip her apart."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Mia woke up in bed with the sunshine peaking through her curtains. She heard her family talking downstairs, meaning she was the last to wake up.

"It's 10 am," Klaus was sitting down on the table with his cup of coffee, "you finally decide to start your day?"

"Not everyone can wake up as early as you. What's your morning routine? Painting?"

"I make breakfast for everyone, I make coffee, I ensure Kol and Kara aren't off the rails together, I have to call Rebekah and Elijah–"

"Oh.. babysitting! Got it," Mia poured herself a cup of coffee as Klaus got up to kiss her.

"We should get out of town for once. Visit my villa in Rome."

"Hm.. that sounds nice. Do you think the ki– Klaus? What's wrong?"

Klaus's skin started to desiccate and black veins appeared on his face. He placed his hand on his throat, trying to breathe, but he fell on the floor while Mia held him.

She reached for his phone and tried to call Elijah, still yelling his name to wake him up.

"KLAUS! KLAUS!"

Mia woke up in her chair again, chained down tightly once more. She banged her head against the metal, hopefully enough to make her pass out again.

She had multiple nightmare over and over. Once they felt too real, they shifted into her worst fear, and she woke up in the stupid chair.

Just then, the metal door opened. Someone was struggling to move the heavy barricaded door, but managed. Danielle and Damon both appeared, sighing in relief at the safety of their friend.

"Hey, Wolfie. Long time no see," Damon tried to remove the chains on her, but they were dipped in wolfsbane and vervain, "actually– you get her out of this."

"I'm so glad you're okay, Mia," Danielle smiled and untangled her from the mess.

"How'd you guys get here?" Mia asked weakly, since she was deprived of blood.

"Follow the yellow brick road," Damon tried to joke, "I heard from Kara you were trapped in here. Having been through this myself, it's no way to get your humanity back. Elena and Rebekah are hanging out while Stef's distracting Klaus. Elijah just left town."

"Well, thank you for saving me," Mia reached for Damon's hand to help her up.

However, a shadow appeared from behind Danielle, snapping her neck. Damon's right was ripped out and Mia's caught his dead body.

Sage laughed at Mia's horrid expression, finding joy in yet again killing those who she loved.

"Why do you look so sad, Mia?" Sage grinned, "smile!"