Chapter 19 ↬ "Blaming me for your mistakes."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Have you ever dreaded something so much that you wanted to die?

That's how Kara felt. Once she woke up from− whatever happened, she remembered one thing.

She still had the werewolf bite.

The bite itself wasn't bad. It didn't hurt at all. More like just an open wound on your skin. But what was the worst was the venom.

Not only did it make your vision blurry. More thirsty. And your mind clogged up, but it brought back flashbacks. Kara never encountered any vampire with a bite, so she didn't know how bad it was.

The vampire stood up, wincing a little. She was sweating. Or maybe she was crying. She couldn't tell.

Kara speed over to the middle of town. Hoping someone would be walking their dog or doing some errands. Not even a few minute later, and she saw a woman walking towards her. Kara sighed in relief and sped over to her, sinking her teeth into her neck.

Despite her screams and her trying to fight back, she continued to drink. Eventually, she gave mercy. Kara unlatched herself from the woman and let her fall on the floor. She turned to her left. More people were coming.

She hid by climbing the roof. Watching them, she began to grow more and more hungrier. Everything felt familiar. Like she's lived this moment before.

"Hey, are you okay?" A man rushed over to the woman who continued bleeding from her neck, "Nancy, call the cops! Hurry!"

Before the couple could do anything else, Kara jumped from the roof and attacked the man while his companion was watching her. She snapped his neck and killed the woman she attacked before. The lady ran away, but she wasn't far. Kara ignored her and began walking away.

The area where Mia bit her was hurting even more, and the thought of it just made her more hungry. She looked around. No one was outside anymore.

"You shouldn't have killed them."

Kara turned around and saw Elijah. Elijah?

"You only attracted more attention. Now the town is alerted by the screams. They won't go outside anymore, "He said and walked towards Kara, "You look rather pale.. Miss Radford."

Kara pulled down her shirt to show the gruesome bite, "I'm dying."

Elijah looked at it and sighed, "Good. Maybe you can join your brother."

"Don't remind me."

Elijah stuffed his hands in his pockets and began walking around Kara, "Or maybe you do deserve to die. Maybe you deserve this torture. This pain."