Chapter 35 ↬"I told you she's evil!"

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Klaus excused himself from Mia's grasp, he needed to join the rest of the family for an announcement. Elijah, Esther, Finn, Kol, and Rebekah were all standing at the top, calling for the attention of their guests.

"Hey," Caroline moved next to Mia's side, "what are they doing?"

"They have to say something I guess," she looked at all of the Mikaelson siblings, "I think this is the part where they feed and kill on everyone."

"Yeah I wouldn't doubt it, they all look evil," Caroline began to shudder at the imagination, "do you know who Rebekah's date tonight is? Matt. Human Matt."

"She won't do anything bad, Caroline."

"I know but she's evil and she's crazy," she whispered yell before Elijah tapped on his champagne glass. A waiter came by to hand the two girls a drink.

"Welcome, thank you for joining us. You know, when my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition to commence the evening with a dance. Tonight's pick is a centuries old waltz. So if all you could find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom."

"Find yourselves a partner," Caroline mocked and chugged down the drink, "I'll find myself crying in the corner."

"You can dance with Stefan," Mia reassured as they walked into the dance floor, "Damon's already got Elena."

"Can you believe that she got with him?" She started to get angry again, "she didn't even tell me that was happening. Someone else had to– my best friend, Elena–"

"Caroline," Stefan came by with a smile, "overheard your conversation. Would you like to be partners?"

She took a breather before taking Stefan's hand. Care waved goodbye to her friend, whose date was already waiting.

"You sure you know how to dance?" Klaus asked as they were in the starting position of the waltz.

"I know the basic steps," they started to move across the floor, "I'm sure you know how to."

He smiled as Mia was now face-to-face, "years of training."

"Well, you've never had Miss Mystic Falls train you, so I would say you're an average waltzer."

Niklaus laughed at her comment. Mia's trembling fingers were felt in his grasp, even if she was terrified right now, she tried to uplift the serious mood.

"We can take lessons together then," Nik spun Mia around once, "can't help but say you look ravishing in that velvet dress."

"Thank you. You're right– red is my color. I didn't really have the energy to go shop," Mia felt Caroline's eyes checking on them once in awhile.