Ch. 50 ↬ "Go get 'em, Tiger."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"Him," Kara pointed at the guy across the restaurant they were in. Finding vampires in Mystic Falls were harder than expected, especially with hybrids roaming around the place.

Jeremy clutched the stake in his jacket tightly, "how are you sure?"

"He's been compelling the bartender for an hour to give him free booze," She tapped her ear, "super hearing."

"What if they're just good friends?"

"He's literally looking at him in the eye and barking commands."

"Okay, what if this guy has a family? People that care about him?"

"Jeremy–" Kara rubbed her temple in frustration. "You've been surrounded by vampire friends and people for awhile now, it's hard to get used to hating them. But you've got to put that aside to save Elena."

She got up from her seat and walked towards the vampire, signaling for Jeremy to come follow her. Kara slyly motioned for the vampire to follow her too. Being caught in her mysterious gaze, the guy sped into the back alleyway of the bar.

Kara turned back around and crossed her arms, "hello."

Confused, the vampire observed every corner of the alley, "what do you want?"

When Jeremy was waiting behind the dumpster, he began to have second thoughts of the situation. He started to feel a little sympathy for the person. However, Kara had her mind set, and she sped towards the stranger, clutching his heart in her hands.

"Gilbert!" She called out as the vampire began to gasp for air, "now is your time!"

Jeremy got up from his spot and horrifyingly looked at the two, his breath shortening little by little from the stress and pressure.

"It'll be easier for him if you make this quick," Kara looked at the suffering person. "Come on, Jeremy. Or I'll force you to do this another way."

"Please," The vampire begged as he began to spit out blood, "please–please. I want to live. Please don't kill me."

"Stop. Talking. Jeremy– NOW!"

"He said he doesn't want to die!" Jeremy refused to kill the person, "I'm not going to be the one that decides that. Look, let's just find another one. We can–"

In a quick second, Kara pulled out the vampire's heart and let collapse dead onto the floor. She watched as his face began to desiccate and looked at the fearful expression Jeremy had.

"He already knew what we looked like, don't act so shocked. He would've came after us," Kara picked up his body to throw into the dumpster. Then wiped the remaining blood off with his shirt.