Chapter 36 ↬ "Such a pest."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"So I was right. He needed to turn in order to break the sire bond."

Caroline's bedside clock read 1:39AM as the two girls were eating their bowls of strawberry ice cream on the floor. When they changed into pajamas and took of their makeup, Mia and her friend had a rock out session to 80's music. After the wolf fell off the couch and put a dent on Caroline living room floor, they thought it was best to relax for the night.

"I'm not sure," Caroline scoffed and intensely stabbed her ice cream, "He just went up and found more hybrids to help. I don't know if they'll still be sired to you too."

"It doesn't matter, I don't even look at them."

The blonde smiled, however, it faded once she thought of asking Mia about her family, "besides having an Original fall in love with you and growing up with your doppelgänger.. do you miss your parents?"

"Of course!" Mia exclaimed loudly, "my whole life is based on finding them. There's no other purpose than.."

A pang of sadness hit her, "...than finding them."

"What if you do?"

"What?"

Caroline ate another scoop of ice cream, "if you do find them, will they stay? You said they were running after a group of vampire out to kill them."

She shrugged her shoulders, "I guess for now I want to see them. Show them that their little girls grew up to be an amazing pack with a strong bond."

She laughed to hide her desolation, "to show them that we've been fine without them."

"Well–" Caroline began comforting her, "the thing about parents is that they'll always love you. No matter what or who you are."

She looked down, "my mom found out I was a vampire, she hated me so much. But she found a way to look past that."

Mia couldn't imagine Liz and Caroline hating each other. They were so close and loving towards one another.

"And my dad–" Caroline sighed, "–my dad tried to teach me lesson by locking me in a cellar. Trying to kill me and somehow reverse vampirism."

Some tears fell from her eyes, "but we forgave each other. And he still died."

Mia's arms wrapped around Caroline, they embraced each other until finally– through another long talk about life– they fell asleep.

"Shit," Mia cursed as she realized that it was the afternoon already. Caroline was still sleeping– and hogging all the blankets– while Mia flopped out of bed to go use the restroom. She finished cleaning herself up, then woke up her friend.