Chapter 25 ↬ "Let's go to New Orleans."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Kara stepped out of the parked car. It took ten minutes to get through traffic and now she had to wait for the kids. Mia told her to pick them up because they didn't want to walk in the rain. After a few minutes, the car door opened and the silence of the school was broken by screaming. Mia and Danielle ran past the crowd and into Kara's car.

"Why are you wet?" Kara asked upon the sight of the soaking girls, "if you can handle being wet right now then you both can handle walking home."

"I forgot to open my umbrella," Mia sighed, "we ran as fast as we could."

Kara rolled her eyes and shifted to drive. Mia is now in third grade and Danielle was in first. It was a stormy day, which had been happening often.

It has been two years since Tristian unexpectedly left his family. Two years since Kara found his daughters hiding in a basement. Two years with no contact and no information on his whereabouts.

Throughout these two years, Kara has tried to pinpoint Tristian's location. She asked help from covens, wolf packs, and even compelled people for information. The closest she's gotten to finding out more about Tristian was from a witch, Shelia Bennet.

Tristian sought out Shelia for help after escaping, asking her to cloak him and his wife for a few months before they asked help from another witch. Shelia explained that he was desperate for help and was able to magically cloak the couple for a week. She hadn't heard from him in months and the last time she traced them was when they were in Salem.

Kara felt like she was all over the place. Raising kids, feeding on humans, and trying to track Tristan was tiring. At times she felt emotions coming back, and they were, it was worrying her.

She looked in the view mirror of the car. Mia was growing day by day and she began to look like Kara more and more. Everytime Kara thought about Mia, her heart began to ache.

Katherine, a close friend of Kara, explained to her that it was possible that they were doppelgängers. Since Katherine was one herself, Kara was convinced.

She planned to leave the family today. A witch friend agreed to watch over the girls. She already thought out what to say when she compelled them. She was going to wipe their memory of her, have them think their parents died in a car accident, and let them believe that they were adopted and taken in by a family friend.

She didn't want to see Mia growing up because she didn't want to be reminded more of her human self. Seeing Kara as a little girl again would definitely bring back some emotions, unwanted and forgotten ones.