Ch.67 ↬ "Mother's intuition."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

16 YEARS AGO - TACOMA, WASHINGTON

The Lennox family took a small vacation upstate to see the snow for the winter. Alannah and Tristian made sure to be wary of their surroundings, uneasy at leaving home. But no matter their circumstance, they wanted their children to live a normal life.

"We're going to make a stop at the gas station," Alannah announced to the girls once she saw they were low on gas, "grab some water or use the restroom. Okay?"

"Yes," Zella was the only one listening, but she repeated everything to her sisters right afterwords.

While driving towards the station, Tristian noticed the dark smokey clouds in the sky. He knew it had to be a fire, but a wildfire during winter?

"Tristian.." Alannah whispered to her husband as they saw the burning house that caused the fumes. He quickly turned off the heater to prevent anything from inside the car.

The two noticed something off— their senses told them this was foul play. A few moments later, Tristian harshly pressed on his breaks and pulled over to the side, waking up the other two Lennox sisters.

"What happened!?" Michelle yelled frantically, expecting them to be in a car crash.

"Just stay in the car and wait for Dad," Alannah remained calm as Tristian went to go check on what he found.

There was a pile of cloth on the side of the road— anyone would just think someone littered and dumped clothes, but Tristian and Alannah heard a baby crying.

And they were right, wrapped up in several blankets was a baby girl, crying frantically from the cold. He gasped when he saw her and quickly picked her up before even thinking.

"Someone just left their baby here," Tristian exhaled as he handed her to Alannah, "she's freezing cold—"

"A BABY!?" Zella exclaimed and widened her eyes, "you picked up a BABY??"

"We need to take her to the hospital," Alannah saw that the baby's fingertips were blue, "right now!"

Kara groaned as a bright light suddenly hit her face. She was laying on top of Stefan's chest, but was unaware of how she got there.

"Good morning, sleepy heads," Tessa smiled while she opened up the rest of the curtains, "enjoy your slumber?"