Ch.63 ↬ "From a handmaiden to a queen."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Mia and Klaus's plans for New Orleans didn't go accordingly. They stayed for a night or two before Mia decided she wanted to spend most of the summer in the Philippines.

She adored their white sand beaches and beautiful hotels. Since summer was one of her favorite seasons, she wanted to do some outdoor activities like swimming and tanning– even though that one wasn't possible.

Klaus just loved having her alone again. Walking next to her, falling asleep on the hammock under the trees, late nights in the bedroom– his kingdom was safe without him for now.

Bonnie and Danielle were actually out of town together too. Mia entrusted Bonnie to take care of her little sister while she was away. Seeing as Kara was out of reach, she didn't really like anyone else enough to stay with Danielle. Mia wasn't ready to let Danielle live by herself either.

Neither Stefan or Kara were in contact with their friends and family. They all assumed they left Mystic Falls for good after graduation. They were friends and mentioned how they needed a vacation– no one second guessed their whereabouts.

Rebekah and Matt were somewhere in Prague or Amsterdam. Mia turned in her application for Azpeita University– the one she was going attend in New Orleans with Rebekah. She sent postcards from each new place they went to visit at, which was quite often.

The summer was going well for everyone. Even for Caroline and Tyler, who was granted permission to return to Mystic Falls– per Mia's graduation gift to Caroline.

"Second round of ice cream?" Klaus handed Mia another cone of vanilla ice cream while she was writing down in her journal, "who's that one for?"

They were sitting down at a beach in Pangloa Island days before leaving back to Louisiana. During their calmer moments of the day, Mia would take one of her journals to write in. She had a different one for the different people in her life. This one was for Damon.

"Salvatore. Guess which one," Mia closed the notebook to eat her ice cream.

Klaus rolled his eyes, "the drunken idiot who you seem to like?"

"He's getting better," Mia defended him, "he doesn't need liquor to keep him happy. He has Elena."

She called him a couple times to catch up and talk. Mostly, Damon would ramble on about his days with his girlfriend. Mia didn't mind though– he was happy, Elena was happy, so she was happy for him. They were still close since they called each other often.

"When am I going to catch you writing in your journal for me?" Klaus was curious. He always tried to peak at her writing, but Mia was very protective.

"Probably when we're not together and I get to be alone," she laughed, "it's not easy."

"Considering we spend every waking moment together– it won't be," Klaus placed his hand on Mia's, "ready to head home?"