Chapter 11 ↬ "My shadow self."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Mia rushed over to Elijah, making sure he was okay.

"He's a vampire, a broken neck is nothing," Kara rolled her eyes.

"What did he mean by doppelgänger?"

Kara ignored her, and instead walked around the backyard, admiring the flowers.

"Kara!" Mia yelled, "What did he mean by−"

"My shadow self. I'm not your twin."

Mia stood there, in shock, "WHAT? How do I see you as my sister? As someone I love and grew up with? How do I not see myself believing the words that you're saying!?"

Kara sighed, feeling herself getting annoyed, "Before you triggered the werewolf curse, I compelled you to think that I grew up with you and your sisters, I did the same with Zella. You will see me as your loving twin, and that I was turned on accident−"

"Which you were," Mia interrupted her, still in denial.

"No, Mia," Kara stopped her and crossed her arms, "I'm almost a thousand years old."

Mia's eyes widened, "Oh my god. This isn't real this is a dream, it's not happening."

Another snap was heard and Kara fell onto the ground, again. Elijah stood behind her and stepped over her body, walking over to Mia.

"Now," He fixed his suit, "Where were we?"

Mia gasped and looked at her sister− or doppelgänger— on the floor. She turned around and started running, running from Elijah and running from everything that happened back there.

Elijah appeared in front of the running wolf, stopping her before she could do anything else. Mia gasped, her eyes filled with fear and her breath hitched.

"Please— Mia, if you will let me explain."

Mia didn't say anything, she was still full of shock about what Kara said and everything that was unfolding in front of her.

"What Kara said was true. She is 911-years-old. Born in Italy," Elijah confirmed.

"How− how do you know her?"

Elijah wished he could compel her to calm down, but he just had to simply deal with it.

"My family and I settled into Italy for a time, there I met Kara. I fell deeply in love with her, though she did not feel the same," Elijah looked at the ground, "She chose my brother, Niklaus−"

"The hybrid."

"But the love Nik had for her did not please her. See, my brother wanted to break a curse that make into both a wolf and vampire. Kara thought her and Niklaus would live a happy life."