Chapter 40 ↬ "I'm no psychopath."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"Mia– what are you doing? They're suppose to trickle down!"

She was hanging up the stars for the decade dance when Caroline and Elena walked in. Mia was helping Sage until they both were getting yelled at.

"Trickle down," Sage mocked and hit her shoulder. "Listen to the leader."

She laughed, helping her boyfriend readjust the strings to create the trickling effect that Caroline wanted.

After returning home late last night, Zella and Michelle waited up for their sister. Mia explained the whole sire line to them when it hit that Michelle will be affected by their deaths as well.

"We need to find out who's sire line you're a part of," Mia stood up from her seat to pace around the room. "Okay– your ex. Who turned Brett?"

"I don't know!?" Michelle started to freak out, "he just turned me."

"We'll have to find him," Zella spoke up, "And ask who sired him without giving too much information on why."

"Do you still have his phone number or something?" Mia made a face, "because you beat the crap out of his face last time."

"No–" Michelle whined, "but I know that Kara might have some information."

"Ah– no!" Mia waved her hands, "We've gotten close to finding our parents so many times. We have experience in locating missing people so–" she shrugged, "how about we get to it?"

Eventually after searching through the internet, contacting old faces, and consulting with the police department, they found Michelle's ex-boyfriend. He was staying in Tallahassee, Florida. At least, that's where he was last located at.

Zella and Michelle agreed that it was best that Mia stayed back at home to tell them what happens. The younger sister agreed as well. She was going to stop any other Original from being killed until her sister found her sire.

That explains why Mia was suffering. Standing on top of ladder trying to loop the plastic stars correctly.

"I can't," she gave up and started to step down, "I'm gonna go do something less frustrating."

"So you're just going to leave me here?" Sage called out with sad eyes, "All alone?"

"Yup!" Mia laughed while trying not to look back. She walked up to the decorating table and picked up the black chandelier Rebekah wanted her to hang.

"Hey."

She turned around to face Elena and Caroline walking behind her.

"Caroline, where do I hang this?" Mia held up the chandelier, "near the entrance?"