Ch.69 ↬ "You're not a hero then."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"Was it that easy for you to decide to kill me? Me? This girl– the girl who used to be your friend. Me?"

Damon, Hayley, and Mia were speed driving to Mystic Falls in order to complete the passenger's spell. They were rushing after getting word that Caroline killed Stefan's last doppelgänger. Markos was putting pressure on them now.

"It wasn't easy, Wolfie. I had no choice!" Damon couldn't emphasize it more enough, "I would've killed Kara a long time ago if I could."

"I still can't believe it," Mia ignored his defense, "not only were you gonna let me die, but you hurt Hayley!"

"I'm fine actually," Hayley butted in, "this ring speeds up my healing power."

"You see? She's fine."

"I'm not fine though!" Mia exclaimed, "you were one of my first friends, Damon. I'm so upset."

"I'M SORRY!" Damon apologized loudly, "I obviously don't make good choices under extreme pressure. And I don't care if you get over this or not– I DIDN'T want to kill you, Mia. I know that."

Mia crossed her arms and leaned against the window. She groaned when she saw the Mystic Falls sign. Avoiding this town was never going to work out for her.

Damon parked his car in the lot where the ritual spell was held at. Various other vehicles were parked around them in rows, but still spaciously spread out. Mia saw a chair with a tin bucket placed conveniently next to it. Most likely for her.

"Did you kill her?" A woman with long dark brown hair asked.

"No, but we figured something out," Damon said nervously, "hoped it worked.."

Mia went ahead to sit down on the chair and faces the crowd of passengers standing perfectly still in front of her. She shivered– her and Hayley were also binge watching cult documentaries. This is just like the last one they watched.

The woman placed her fingers on Mia's temple. Searching for any other doppelgängers in the world. When she didn't find any, she smiled and handed Mia a knife.

"Bleed yourself out and fill this bucket halfway. We need it for the spell."

She glared at the woman before taking the knife aggressively, then stabbed her major arteries in her arms to speed up the process. In just a few minutes, she was done and the woman thanked her for her "cooperation."